[Mod] Ashleys Factories L + XL + XXL V2.5 *Updated 09/11/2007*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should XL food and XL Mines be inported to X3?

XL Food Yes
5%
XL Mines Yes
9%
XL Food No
0%
XL Mines No
2%
Yes for XL Plants!
80%
No! XL Plants
3%

Total votes: 715

SVAndrei
x3tc

Post by SVAndrei » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 17:04

Thank you. Will do that. :)

Works ok, but i noticed that the Crystal Free SPP isn't compatible yet. Any news on that?

Thoradin
x4

Post by Thoradin » Thu, 3. Jul 08, 16:04

Ok, got a slight problem. Been trying to get this working with my X3 2.5 + Bonus + XTM (+ a few other scripts like FCS3, MARS, Bail Extension etc)

I've got all the correct versions of scripts, it installs but it doesn't seem to do anything (no Ashleys shipyards anywhere that I can find ie. Akeelas Beacon etc).

I did get an error when I first installed it (Not configured correctly due to wrong Profile or something like that) as I hadn't spotted the need to change the mod profile on startup. Once I did that I no longer received errors. However I don't recall ever seeing the 'Install Complete' message...

I've tried running the 'reset' script mentioned on the first page, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone know of any log files / debugging method to find out whats wrong?

ATM it just seems to be ignoringthe script...

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 12. Jul 08, 21:20

I'm have this mod up and running together with XTM.
Works perfectly but I need to install this as a fake patch now... is it enough to simply rename the two files in \mods to the highest number (13.dat/cat in my case) and move them to the main X3 directory?
Or will this break anything - mainly already build xxl factories?

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 01:25

Thoradin are you using the Ashleys XTM compatible version ? I noticed that there were 2 types, the standard 2.5 and the XTM compatible version.
I`m also having the same problem that your having. Only i`m not using XTM, just the latest 2.5 patch for X3. And yes i`ve installed the Ashleys 2.5 for the standard game (without Xtm) I did get a message when i put it into installer saying that the 2.5 might not work as it`s compatible for bala Gi`s and the 2.2 version of the game but this is the latest version of Ashleys fabs and there are no more recent ones that i know of anyway. It`s in my mod file and highlited to run and no more error message but i cannot find any Ashleys fabs in any of the sectors where they should be ? Also no Bazzar construction kits in shipyards for sale only the standard complex construction kits ?? Any help would be appreciated :?

EDIT; Have just reset this script through script editor, works ok now :oops:
There is no such thing as Black & White.
Everything is in various shades of Grey.

Cougar186
x3tc

ships stuck

Post by Cougar186 » Wed, 13. Aug 08, 22:10

Is anyone having an issue with ships getting stuck in the Extended hub. I see several ships in the hub NPC and mine and they wont leave even if I give them other commands. If I destroy the hub they are released. Any Ideas?

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Wed, 13. Aug 08, 23:33

I was wondering how do I use this mod with, for instance, ships installed with Cycrow's plugin manager?

It seems that in order for the mod to install correctly I need to select it in the mod package menu, but in order to have the ships installed with the plugin manager you need to select the plugin manager in the mod package menu.

Am I dooing something wrong? :lol:

Thanks,
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

jumbled
x4

Re: ships stuck

Post by jumbled » Thu, 14. Aug 08, 00:10

Cougar186 wrote:Is anyone having an issue with ships getting stuck in the Extended hub. I see several ships in the hub NPC and mine and they wont leave even if I give them other commands. If I destroy the hub they are released. Any Ideas?
I have that same problem with ships (my own, included) getting "stuck" when docking at the extended hub. I dock with it, but then my usual command menu doesn't come up and the only thing available, after hitting several keys, might be the options menu to save/load and set game options. I don't see any other menus for the station, and I can't undock either.

Other ships docked at the station don't respond to my commands to undock and fly off to do things, either. This is all while IS.

The only thing I can do is to reload from an earlier save (before docking). If I didn't dock, I can "fix" the problem of the other ships being stuck by leaving the sector (going OOS) and then they behave normally.

I can't seem to trust docking at my own stations any more. heh

Hopefully, someone can figure out what's going on here.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 16:01

A few notes of mine, I'm using latest version with XTM/2.5. It has always been used as a false patch.

1)FALSE PATCH. Use the Plugin Packager to turn ALL the files in the Ashley's rar into a .SPK file. You probably don't need to renumber the .cat/.dat but I always do anyway to be sure. That's the only way "I" have been able to use custom ships at the same time.

2)EXTENDED HUB DOCKING PROBLEMS. Maybe not the same issue, but I did find that any large ships with "custom" stats, especially extra steering, would crash into the hub when departing. The extra steering allowed them to pivot before they actually cleared the hub with their tail.

Only other idea I could offer is did you follow the warning to give factories enough time to "set resources" before you connected them? Any chance the complex itself is not "set" for allowing business??

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Mon, 25. Aug 08, 01:27

spoidz wrote:2)EXTENDED HUB DOCKING PROBLEMS. Maybe not the same issue, but I did find that any large ships with "custom" stats, especially extra steering, would crash into the hub when departing. The extra steering allowed them to pivot before they actually cleared the hub with their tail.
I have this problem with other ships, too, not just big ships. Just yesterday, I was hooking up a new complex and working out the kinks in the TS maintenance of it, when I was noticing they too got stuck while trying to undock. I had to leave the sector in order to get things working properly so I could set up the delivery schedules.
spoidz wrote:Only other idea I could offer is did you follow the warning to give factories enough time to "set resources" before you connected them? Any chance the complex itself is not "set" for allowing business??
I, for one, drop my stations "any ol' where" in the sector, usually piling up a parking lot of odd stations up in a corner of the sector where they sit for a while till the full collection is in the sector. Then I use a little "cheat" script I made where I enter precise x/y/z coords to relocate and arrange them according to my template for a reasonably organized layout of a complex (I know there are other scripts out there to arrange complexes, but I want mine to "look" like they were built like a little city with certain industries grouped together around complex hubs).

Anyway, the time it takes for me to arrange all the math and x/y/z settings for everything can take a while, so if there is any question of time for factories to get up and running, it shouldn't be an issue under these conditions. I also often set up local TS routes to help get some of the fabs started on production, so when they all finally get connected, one can feed into another with products already made.

dasiu

Post by dasiu » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 18:30

I have XTM 0.73 and Ashley XXL mod 2.5 installed. For a time I also had Crystal free SPP mod, but I had the same problem as described in Crystal Free SPP mod (upgrade disappeared). So I edited the lib.A.Ash.Fabs.Setup file and commented out the line assigning crystals as resource.

I don't know if that caused the problem, but now xxl power plants produce 40 ec's per turn. Other sized SPP's as well as other races' XXL SPP's (their files are unmodified) work fine.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT

restoring lib.A.Ash.Fabs.Setup to its original state seems to solve the problem, but then I still need crystals...

Snike7603

Post by Snike7603 » Mon, 29. Dec 08, 12:32

Hi to all.

I have X3 v2.5 + XTM 0.7.5 + Ashley XXL mod 2.5 XTM installed, and noticed one strange thing. Some silicon mines has an incorrect resources :( They look like an asteroid with mine, but acts as training centers or hand wearons factories.
For example Silicon Mine XL in The Wall
[ external image ]

I've already tried to run ash.force.reset.xxl script, but it's doesn't helped. Does anybody know, what can cause such problem, and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

dyderich
x3

Mod File Location?

Post by dyderich » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 19:53

Anyone still carry this mod at all????

I cannot find it anywhere...all links are broken everywhere

Dyd

Snike7603

Post by Snike7603 » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 10:28

Take it here
http://rapidshare.com/files/215649654/A ... s.rar.html

But about support and development - look like no :(

Diemetius
x3tc

Post by Diemetius » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 16:46

The download is'nt funktionable!! :evil:

How can i download this script?

Greetings Diemetius
Shipstatistic for XTC v. 1.1b in english und Deutsch
X3:TC Schiffsstatistik 3.0a
Ship Stats X3:TC 3.0a

Alle Waffen,Schilde und Raketen
All Ships, weapons , shields ,their technical data

Snike7603

Post by Snike7603 » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 15:44

Look like 10 people has downloaded it already (stupid rapidshare rules). Try this link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K6KMHGOO

Diemetius
x3tc

Post by Diemetius » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 10:01

Is that the Mod-compaktible Vers. ?

Greetings Diemetius

Edit : Ok , i found the compactible version in the archiv.
Many Thanks
Shipstatistic for XTC v. 1.1b in english und Deutsch
X3:TC Schiffsstatistik 3.0a
Ship Stats X3:TC 3.0a

Alle Waffen,Schilde und Raketen
All Ships, weapons , shields ,their technical data

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 15:59

Hey

I want to use this mod, but I not sure how to install this correctly so it will work with XTM and several other scripts using plugin manager/installer.

I have this file (AshleysFactories&ExtendedComplexHubsXTM-V2.5-15.11.2007.spk) that I can install with plugin manager.

First, do I need to load this mod from the "select mod package" on X3 startup screen, or do I need to install it as a "fake patch"?
If i need to use it as a "fake patch", what must I do?

Second, when I install it with plugin manager it asks if I want to use it with a profile (saved games). What does this mean? Don’t I need to start a new game for this mod to work?

Thanks for any help

Tore

Snike7603

Post by Snike7603 » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 07:51

Yes, it's correct file, with XTM compatible version. You can use it both as mod, and as fake patch. If you are planning to use some another mod, which is need to be loaded as separate mod and will not work as fake patch - then use Fabs as fake patch.
Profile - it's an internal mod profiles organizer from the installer. I've never used it :)

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 14:24

Thanks Snike7603, thats cleared things up for me.

Now I have to learn how to turn mods into fake patches. :)

dralk
x4

Post by dralk » Thu, 7. May 09, 02:11

any chance to get a new link to this i cant find it :(
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”