Russia-Ukraine War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Russia-Ukraine War

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 5. May 22, 03:54

JSDD wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 03:24
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 03:03
And you were asked directly to explain ...
1. who are you that i just got to have to answer you ? :D
2. i think cpt. jericho describes it very well here ...
lol it's not just me. Tons of people on this thread have challenged you and you've slinked away every single time. Can you not back up your positions? Surely as passionate about the Russian's mighty and just cause as you are, you have a well reasoned foundation that can go beyond "BUT THE US DID A THING THAT ONE TIME!", don't you?

If you think whatever rambling Jericho posted was in any way shape or form a correlation between Ukraine and Iraq, you've swung my speculation in a previous post to 90/10. Can you guess which part is the 90 and which is the 10?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 5. May 22, 06:38

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 01:38
Russia certainly had the same right to interfere in Ukraine (who constantly violated the Minsk 2 agreement and slaughtered thousands of innocents) as the US had to for Iraq (based on fake new presented by the highest echelons that also killed thousands of innocents).
BTW, while the Russian backed gouvernment was actually elected (as democratically as possible in a corrupt state) the now US back gouvernment did a coup.
Not everyone wants to live in (your) world where mass graves are allowed by right.

The Russian government is a fascist one, and I use no exaggeration here. It's just a statement of fact. I can see and read everything in Russia. There are many in Russia and perhaps outside, that like it that way and find its actions reasonable, they want it to remain fascist. Which is not an unsual thing for people in general.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 5. May 22, 07:49

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 02:13
Minsk 2 treaty signed in 2015.
Sorry, but that agreement consistes also the international observers to make sure both sides abide, many of the from France and Germany.
I don't see swarms of observers from those two reporting to anybody or to UN about those "thousands of Ukraine victims".
By the look how Germany sux Putin pipe with literal tripple-penetration, I'm sure they would use this and every opportunity to report this left-right and center in order to block sanctions.

yet...crickets?

The worst we heard reported all these years was that both side frequently break cease fire and bombard eachother (despite BOTH side suppose to abide agreement to withdraw atrillery) - looking at Israel-Palestine casus, that's business as ussual and nobody give a flying f*ck about it.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Thu, 5. May 22, 08:43

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 07:49
By the look how Germany sux Putin pipe with literal tripple-penetration, I'm sure they would use this and every opportunity to report this left-right and center in order to block sanctions.
:lol: (why one you think merkel liked the most ? ^^ jamal-pipe ?? )

2014 is long ago, sincce then other topics dominates daily news ... most recently the blunder in afghanistan (2021)
did you forgot the "russia meddling in US elections" thing? ... who cares if some ukrainians are gone ?!
the crucked biden son topic, trumps outrageus policy, china, ... almost nobody cared about whats going on in ukraine

western media rarely got to visit the eastern donbas area, looking at it from another perspective
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 5. May 22, 09:49

I have already asked you once to stop posting random links without explaining what they are. Given that you have also had to be warned about other things in this thread, this is your final warning. Your posting rights in off-topic will be removed if you continue to ignore moderators.

I will also take this opportunity to remind everyone not to make this personal.

V2200
xr

Post by V2200 » Thu, 5. May 22, 13:39

Continuing the story of the "stolen" grain. Farmers from southern Ukraine SELL last year's harvest to Russia.
https://vesti-k.ru/news/2022/05/03/ferm ... o-v-krymu/
Olterin wrote:
Wed, 4. May 22, 21:35
Would you care to list examples of said propaganda in Western mainstream media concerning the situation in Ukraine since 24th February 2022? Ideally with an explanation as to why it is "fake propaganda"? (Is it fake news, or is it propaganda, btw?)
Fake news aimed at forming a one-sided public opinion is not fake propaganda?
And yes, I will not list it here, spare my time. Western media rely on Ukrainian sources, which since 2014 have succeeded in distribution lies.
Tamina wrote:
Wed, 4. May 22, 21:49
I find it unreasonable to believe that all the different and independent news outlets in 193 independent different jurisidictions world wide are telling fake news and propaganda, while Russia with its purely state-controlled media is telling the truth.
Unfortunately, in the modern Western world of Gigemon and Vassals, there is no independent point of view. I hope there is no need to explain who is who.
In Russia, there are state media and opposition media. I think that it is not necessary to explain whose interests and money are worked out by the latter.
One question though: Do you believe that Russia and Ukraine are at war?
Russia is leading a Special Military Operation in Ukraine, just like in Georgia in 2008, only here additional tasks appeared regarding neo-Nazis (Some of which are now hiding in the vault of the steel plant in Mariupol). This time the West better get your puppets ready. Russia does not claim the resources or territories of Ukraine (except probably the territory of the LPR and DPR), which was officially announced.
According to Ukraine, it has been at war with Russia since 2014.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 4. May 22, 22:25
To be clear though, the problem is not just in who is saying what (although that matters), but also what the sources are and how reliable/biased they might be.

When two sides in conflict report the same incident in different ways, it is up to the reader without insider knowledge to examine the sources, decide their relative credibilities and make a judgement call. It is hardly ever fully black or white, but rather a case of deciding the appropriate shade of grey.

Sometimes both can be factually true but may have spin through omission. As an example:

Version 1: The Moskva sinking was caused by Ukrainian-launched missiles.
Version 2: The Moskva sank while on tow in a storm after a serious onboard fire.

The versions can both be strictly true, yet version 2 is intended to *imply* that version 1 is false.
Regarding the incident with the cruiser "Moskva".Ukrainian media and political figures stated that the cruiser was attacked by "Neptune" missiles and sank, although at that time it was still afloat and the struggle to save the ship continued. Even the Pentagon could not confirm the attack by Ukrainian missiles.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 5. May 22, 13:57

It's one thing to recognize that information is hard to come by these days - for most people because they lack any media literacy. So in a nutshell most of the discussions [here] are useless in terms of content.

The other thing is that a sovereign country (russia) attacks another sovereign country (ukraine). Which is wrong in so many ways.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 5. May 22, 14:57

Can you point me to a time in history where Russia has ever given a shit about any nation's sovereignty? For all the talk about Ukraine breaking non-existent treaties, actual treaties signed by Russia have been ignored whenever it suits them.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 5. May 22, 18:16

V2200 wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 13:39
Continuing the story of the "stolen" grain. Farmers from southern Ukraine SELL last year's harvest to Russia.
Word of warning to everyone. "Vesti" is not a real or independent news channel.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Thu, 5. May 22, 21:04

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 09:49
I have already asked you once to stop posting random links without explaining what they are. Given that you have also had to be warned about other things in this thread, this is your final warning. Your posting rights in off-topic will be removed if you continue to ignore moderators.

I will also take this opportunity to remind everyone not to make this personal.
i'm sad :( ... i just wanted to be a bit funny, cuz mr.WHO kind of "pitched" me that yamal-tripple-pipe thing ... ok, i'll be neat from now on (i hope)

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 18:16
V2200 wrote:
Word of warning to everyone. "Vesti" is not a real or independent news channel.
Y R U being sooo polite ?!
thats of course propaganda, who can imagine russia to pay ukraine for anything these days ? :roll:
i'd believe that if ukrainian media would have said the same thing, unfortunately thats not the case

maybe russsia thought they paid that stuff by sending some missiles into some buildings ^^
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

V2200
xr

Post by V2200 » Thu, 5. May 22, 21:37

Why not? Ukraine does not control these territories at the moment. Also, there are other sources of this information if you don't like Vesti - "not real" media.

add:
Andrew Hill - mercenary from the UK
https://vk.com/video-67189577_456242094 ... b1ebabc915

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Thu, 5. May 22, 23:23

V2200 wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 21:37
Why not? Ukraine does not control these territories at the moment. Also, there are other sources of this information if you don't like Vesti - "not real" media.

add:
Andrew Hill - mercenary from the UK
https://vk.com/video-67189577_456242094 ... b1ebabc915
Yeah, captured prisoner telling a story fitting the narrative of the captor, that has NEVER happened before - how stupid do you think people on this forum are?

Russian prisoners being paraded:
https://youtu.be/tQDFmRJddWo?t=91

Of course both sides here are perhaps breaking Geneva convention - using POW for propaganda purposes. Then again, since Russian deny being in war, their prisoners technically cannot claim protection under Geneva convention...
Last edited by Warenwolf on Thu, 5. May 22, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 5. May 22, 23:24

JSDD wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 21:04
thats of course propaganda, who can imagine russia to pay ukraine for anything these days ? :roll:

politeness is a reputation that I've been trying to acquire on these boards for years.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 6. May 22, 01:12

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 23:24
JSDD wrote:

politeness is a reputation that I've been trying to acquire on these boards for years.
Being polite is such a necessary and undervalued virtue these days.

On the topic of knowing what is true and what is not true regarding media sources, while it is not a guaranteed method of determining truth, I find that those sources who are calm, reasoned, and polite are the ones most likely to be true. If the source is shrill, bitter, angry, sarcastic, and mocking, that source is much more likely in my mind to be not true.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. May 22, 05:06

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 01:12
fiksal wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 23:24
JSDD wrote:

Being polite is such a necessary and undervalued virtue these days.

On the topic of knowing what is true and what is not true regarding media sources, while it is not a guaranteed method of determining truth, I find that those sources who are calm, reasoned, and polite are the ones most likely to be true. If the source is shrill, bitter, angry, sarcastic, and mocking, that source is much more likely in my mind to be not true.
That's all great and wonderful, but those factors have little to nothing to do with factualness. It's kind of hard to watch Russia bomb hospitals, schools, amusement parks, theaters, railway stations, bus stations, packed full of civilians and just be okay with it, well... unless you're a Putin puppet. So why be polite, nice, whatever? Screw Putin and screw his useful idiots.
rebellionpac.com

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 6. May 22, 08:21

V2200 wrote:
You do realize, that during WW2 Germans were also "buiyng" stuff from occupied nations?
E.g. French farmers had to sell their good to German and all they get was some kind of crappy "occupation reichmark" for which you couldn't buy back anything useful.

Another example of Russia gloriously copy Adolf in XXI century.

V2200
xr

Post by V2200 » Fri, 6. May 22, 11:36

Warenwolf wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 23:23
Russian prisoners being paraded:
https://youtu.be/tQDFmRJddWo?t=91
It could be mummers :roll:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 05:06

That's all great and wonderful, but those factors have little to nothing to do with factualness. It's kind of hard to watch Russia bomb hospitals, schools, amusement parks, theaters, railway stations, bus stations, packed full of civilians and just be okay with it, well... unless you're a Putin puppet. So why be polite, nice, whatever? Screw Putin and screw his useful idiots.
You are lying again. In most cases, shelling was carried out with weapons that are not in Russia or LDPR (Tochka-U only in Ukraine).
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 08:21
You do realize, that during WW2 Germans were also "buiyng" stuff from occupied nations?
E.g. French farmers had to sell their good to German and all they get was some kind of crappy "occupation reichmark" for which you couldn't buy back anything useful.
Hryvnias and rubles are used for settlements in these territories. Products of Ukrainian farmers are sold on the Crimean markets.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. May 22, 11:42

V2200 wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 11:36
Vertigo 7 wrote:

You are lying again. In most cases, shelling was carried out with weapons that are not in Russia or LDPR (Tochka-U only in Ukraine).
Oh? Did lord Putin tell you that? What kind of an idiot do you have to be to even believe Ukraine would bomb thousands of their own civilians? Oh wait, I answered that in the post you quoted.

Why haven't you volunteered to join Russia's military and put down the evil Ukrainians that are busy killing their own people?
rebellionpac.com

V2200
xr

Post by V2200 » Fri, 6. May 22, 11:46

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 11:42
V2200 wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:

Oh? Did lord Putin tell you that? What kind of an idiot do you have to be to even believe Ukraine would bomb thousands of their own civilians? Oh wait, I answered that in the post you quoted.

Why haven't you volunteered to join Russia's military and put down the evil Ukrainians that are busy killing their own people?
I didn't expect any other answer from you. This topic clearly shows your position, full of lies. Whose interests and money are you working out?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. May 22, 11:52

V2200 wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 11:46
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 11:42
V2200 wrote:

I didn't expect any other answer from you. This topic clearly shows your position, full of lies. Whose interests and money are you working out?
I'm glad you're managing expectations. Shows you have at least some level of self-awareness, clearly not enough to escape being brainwashed by your own government, but good for you, none the less.

Do you really think I give a shit what some Putin puppet thinks (if that's even the right word)? You haven't even been active on this board in years and you show up a week ago and suddenly you're the authority of truth, and that truth is Kremlin BS? gimme a f'n break. Who do you really think you're fooling here?
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”