Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 15:48

chew-ie wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 15:27
The "devs" didn't decide to release their new game on crappy last-gen-consoles - that was a pure management decision IMHO (as they already took responsibility for) to make "some" extra bucks.
Um, they've been developing this game for at least four years, and if it had been released as originally intended back in April, the next-gen consoles wouldn't even have been *out* yet? They were targeting older generation hardware from the beginning, assuming they're not idiots, and it's entirely down to them that it performs badly on those systems.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 16:02

pjknibbs wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 15:48
chew-ie wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 15:27
The "devs" didn't decide to release their new game on crappy last-gen-consoles - that was a pure management decision IMHO (as they already took responsibility for) to make "some" extra bucks.
Um, they've been developing this game for at least four years, and if it had been released as originally intended back in April, the next-gen consoles wouldn't even have been *out* yet? They were targeting older generation hardware from the beginning, assuming they're not idiots, and it's entirely down to them that it performs badly on those systems.
The need of dumping down the game in order to make it work doesn't look like they were targeting this hardware from the beginning. That has nothing to do with being idiots or not (making a project of this magnitude happen does take a lot of non-idiots... ) - IMHO it was bad management decisions. They knew they had to crunch, they knew they had to scale down some mechanics (flathead ftw), but does this decision lead to the proper cause of action? (= reducing target platforms as well) No, of course not. That'll cost market share. They tried it hard by delaying the game but sticking to the supported number of platforms. Now they get the result - a bunch of angry customers overshadow all the greatness of their work. Truly a sad story - but then again quite common.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 16:05

The other problem is, the devs lied about how the game would run on those last gen systems. Including using pre rendered scenes. The devs hyped their own game up, saying that it will be revolutionary, or words to that effect.

The devs made a mess of things, oh yes, they also made a statement about offering refunds, but they been deleting posts on steam about any kind of refunds. so they are losing money over this. If the game wasn't able to be fully playable on last gen systems, they should have pulled the releases, and went ahead with the next gen consoles instead. But the devs choose to release on those platforms. But now paying the price for doing so.

Everything I have read suggests that the game simply wasn't ready for release. And the game was released too early.

I'm going by all platforms here, especailly last gen.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 16:27

Just throwing this out there, but what do the consoles and PC users that have been having issues with this game all have in common? AMD designed CPU/GPU. Maybe it's not the causal factor but seems odd to me that people on Intel/Nvidia platforms aren't seeing this game shit the bed.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 17:28

from the steam forums
"Dear Gamers

First of all, we would like to start by apologising to you for not showing the game on base last gen-consoles before it premiered and, in consequence not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase, we should have paid more attention to make it play better on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Second We will fix the bugs and crashes and improve the overall experience, the first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more as we will update the game frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the christmas holidays, we'll continue working - We'll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January and Patch #2 In February, Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last gen look like its running low on a high spec PC or next gen consoles, but it will be closer to that experience then it is now.

Finally we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appericate it if you would like to give us a chance, but if you are now pleased with the game on your console and don't want to wait for updates, you can refund your copy. If you cannot refund your copy please contact us at Helmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from to today, you can contact us for a week up till December 21st 2020.

P.S - PC GAMERS WILL BE GETTING REGULAR UPDATES AND FIXES ON IMPROVING THE GAME

- CD Projekt

Source of information: https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/important-update/
While admitting some responsibility, they should have known that the game wouldn't live up to their promises. At least on last gen hardware. While the promises of patches are good, I wonder if they can truly fix all the issues? But for those on last gen consoles, they really have got shafted. To wait a few months seems pretty bad. When other games will no doubt be out by then, and cyberpunk will be all but forgotten.

Edit, they probably didn't want to show the game on base last gen-consoles before it premiered, because they probably knew they would lose a lot of sales. keeping this under wraps, is just a bad sign. So shame on them for not been honest. But again, its hurting them badly now.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 17:48

So it turns out the game is all but unplayable on the Xbone and PS4, so much so that they are now offering a total refund to anyone who owns the game whether Digital or physical versions on either platform. Meanwhile the CD Project Red have released an apology about the state of the game on the XBOX and PS4, while saying there will be patches in January and February to resolve the issues.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 20:40

As person from Poland, who wished nothing but best for Cyberpunk 2077, I must say this was inevitable - every game developer that turn into corporation listed on stock market will actually be more focused on shareholders and quarterly reports than the games.

From what I managed to gether on Polish and English commentary it looks like:
- Most of people working on Cyberpunk knew that it's unplayable on last-gen consoles and some of them even openly lied about it.
- there was information on reviewers to report how bad the game is on last-gen consoles.
- I watched multiple gameplay and it seem dialogue options are even more useless than in Fallout 4 and usually are like this: you're asked to aswer/do something and you have choice:
a) Yes / do it
b) Complain, but do it
c) as additional question, then do it.
d Say no, but the game force you to do it anyway.

That's not a RPG, that's freaking visual novel mixed with FPS on rails.
Dialogues in this game are like dick size setting in character customization - flashy, but pointless and have zero impact on the gameplay.

- I absolutely CRINGED when people constantly said: "I do not pre-order, except for CD-Project" - HOW STUPID ARE YOU? You never pre-order period, especially for AAA market listed, but also never for small indie companies (I saw multiple early access games to be abbandoned to ever pre-order or go into EA).

The case is simple - you build reputation for years, but you loose reputation in minutes.

To all people saying "CDPR will fix in in a few months" - oh you're really pushing you luck, especially if you're on last-gen console.
The game on PC is solid 7/10 and nowhere near the quality and depth of Witcher 3.

CDPR officially joined EA and other crap companies.

FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is your enemy - when everyone on YT and Twitch and their Grandmother is playing Cyberpunk then you know you're been shilled - grow up people - in a week or two when shill contracts expire, no one will go back to Cyberpunk 2077 and by January/February no one will remember the game.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 20:52

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 20:40
FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is your enemy - when everyone on YT and Twitch and their Grandmother is playing Cyberpunk then you know you're been shilled - grow up people - in a week or two when shill contracts expire, no one will go back to Cyberpunk 2077 and by January/February no one will remember the game.
Are you seriously mad at people for enjoying the game? Who needs to grow up, again?
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:03

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 20:52
mr.WHO wrote:
Are you seriously mad at people for enjoying the game? Who needs to grow up, again?
I'm mad at modern day empty marketing, not to mention like 90% of Youtubers play it because they have to as their job, rather than enjoy it as a game - PewDiePie for example look like he's forced to play it.
Bandwagoning is a stupid thing.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:03

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 16:27
Just throwing this out there, but what do the consoles and PC users that have been having issues with this game all have in common? AMD designed CPU/GPU. Maybe it's not the causal factor but seems odd to me that people on Intel/Nvidia platforms aren't seeing this game shit the bed.
The CPU/GPU in the next-gen consoles are just as AMD designed, so if CDPR didn't optimise their game for AMD products, then they really *are* stupid, because they'd produced a game that won't work on any major console, now or for years to come.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:08

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:03
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 20:52
mr.WHO wrote:
I'm mad at modern day empty marketing, not to mention like 90% of Youtubers play it because they have to as their job, rather than enjoy it as a game - PewDiePie for example look like he's forced to play it.
Bandwagoning is a stupid thing.
I can't speak for anyone else but I guess it's a good thing I don't buy games because some rando numbnuts on youtube or twitch plays a game, ain't it?
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:10

pjknibbs wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:03
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 16:27
The CPU/GPU in the next-gen consoles are just as AMD designed, so if CDPR didn't optimise their game for AMD products, then they really *are* stupid, because they'd produced a game that won't work on any major console, now or for years to come.
I dunno, I saw something Tycow posted about a hex edit to enable the game to use all threads on AMD machines but it wasn't needed for Intel. Makes me wonder what else wasn't done to fully utilize AMD hardware.
rebellionpac.com

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 00:01

For my AMD GPU I went back to the driver 20.11.1-nov6. Since the days of ATI they've made good hardware with mediocre drivers. Your mileage may vary because I'm playing on older hardware, so maybe a different driver will give you a different result. The good ol' trial and error. The newest driver gave my computer everything from CTDs to STDs.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 08:52

My brother has no performance issues on AMD, just glitches and poor choices I talked about earlier.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 16:09

I've checked the core issue and cannot confirm. As in X4 the load on the cores is almost a linear decline (means the first has the most, the 16th almost no load). However, after the hotpatch I've noticed several issues: At some point I cannot draw weapons anymore (triggering a cutscence solves that) and during conversations the NPC voice fades, distorts and eventually go mute. For that I have not yet found any in game solution. Saving and reloading seems the only way.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 20:58

euclid wrote:
Tue, 15. Dec 20, 16:09
I've checked the core issue and cannot confirm. As in X4 the load on the cores is almost a linear decline (means the first has the most, the 16th almost no load). However, after the hotpatch I've noticed several issues: At some point I cannot draw weapons anymore (triggering a cutscence solves that) and during conversations the NPC voice fades, distorts and eventually go mute. For that I have not yet found any in game solution. Saving and reloading seems the only way.

Cheers Euclid
I've not experienced that audio issue, though, I have experienced an issue where like say an NPC is talking to you on comms and it has a distortion like it's coming from over a radio, right? Well, there's times that distortion isn't present in the middle of a conversation over comms. But it happens in complete sentences. I don't know if they're applying a filter in real time that's failing or the recorded lines got missed for filtering during post processing. A little annoying but livable.

As far as weapon drawing issues, there are certain places where you can't draw your weapon, not many. I wonder, though, if that was intentional. For example, in a certain nomad camp. I can't draw my weapon or change my gear or call my vehicle while there. I have to fast travel away or drive away. Beyond that, I have been stuck on occasion in some story modes where saving and/or gear modification is disabled after a cutscene ends. I find that getting in or out of a vehicle or fast travel seems to correct that as well.
rebellionpac.com

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 21:46

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 15. Dec 20, 20:58
euclid wrote:
Tue, 15. Dec 20, 16:09

Cheers Euclid
I've not experienced that audio issue, though, I have experienced an issue where like say an NPC is talking to you on comms and it has a distortion like it's coming from over a radio, right? Well, there's times that distortion isn't present in the middle of a conversation over comms. .....
That is exactly how it starts. Sometimes it's just that and, as you've said, it resolves itself. However, other times it ends in muting the NPC, either in face-to-face or phone convos. None of that happens before the patch.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 17. Dec 20, 04:52

Just finished the main story. Wont spoil anything other than to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. What a freaking trip!
rebellionpac.com

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 17. Dec 20, 17:47

On the 2nd toon now and doing is slow. Level 38 and still avoiding the point-of-no-return. However, I've discovered something imba: Before I was going for mantis blades and smart guns. Now I'm all on hacking, in particular net running and it's unbelievable! Clearing a "hard" gig took me like 10-20 mins with the blade/pistol build consuming loads of ammo, grenades and healing pots. Now I'm doing it in 5 mins tops without any losses. Don't want to spoil things here but you may want to check the netrunner build.

Cheers Euclid

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 17. Dec 20, 18:09

euclid wrote:
Thu, 17. Dec 20, 17:47
On the 2nd toon now and doing is slow. Level 38 and still avoiding the point-of-no-return. However, I've discovered something imba: Before I was going for mantis blades and smart guns. Now I'm all on hacking, in particular net running and it's unbelievable! Clearing a "hard" gig took me like 10-20 mins with the blade/pistol build consuming loads of ammo, grenades and healing pots. Now I'm doing it in 5 mins tops without any losses. Don't want to spoil things here but you may want to check the netrunner build.

Cheers Euclid
lol that's what I started with and as I got further into it, I'm going into areas with a silenced sniper and taking out 2-3 people at a time with a hack, shoot, takedown combo. I'm a freaking ninja!
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”