Opinion please on if X3 TC is playable on my computer.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 20:31

LV wrote:Positive Op
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through

Negative Op
Your chances are like the four headed, man-eating haddock fish beast of Aberdeen
:lol: @ second one

Me thinks apricotslice is gonna have to dig deep and buy new pc!
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 23:33

I will. But having just come back from overseas, it wont be soon. Realistically, 4-6 months before I have the credit card down enough to buy whats needed. Not unless something unexpected happens on the finances front. (Like I do an X3TC version of the Handbook and everyone floods me with donations - dream on, hahahahahaha - Ironically, if I had a $ donation from everyone who downloaded the Handbook, I'd be able to buy a new computer tomorrow, its still averaging 800 downloads a month and hasnt slowed down with the new game. *sigh*

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 11:37

Well.....it will run. I've got everything turned down to its minimum, and you can get around. Its a bit jerky doing things, but it is at least running, and it is flying smoothly.

I may try going back to my beginning of X3 days, and play as an explorer, avoiding combat, but sneaking in after it to pick up the spoils :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 13:08

Well, I've got to say....

Its not only running, but may even be playable !

Its not up to a xenon sector, and I havent actually found any pirates yet, but I'm running around in an M2, jumping happily, killed a Khaak M6, and so far its not too bad.

Is that surprising or what ? :D

Frostynso

[X3:TC] Will I be able to play it?

Post by Frostynso » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 21:48

There is a lot of talk regarding performance issues with this game, so I was wondering if my laptop would be able to handle it.

My setup is a 2 Ghz pentium (I think 2 cores), 2 Gb ram, and my video card is an Nvidia Geforce 7900 Go (don't know how much video memory that has).

Will my laptop be able to reasonably handle this game?

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 21:51

For the Go thing I guess you'd use a laptop.

For your settings... yeah you should be able to play it (not on highest settings, but fairly decent graphic quality). The only thing that might cause a "bottleneck" is your processor (X3TC doesn't use multicore settings). But your system meets the minimum requirments easly so you should have no problem.

Check out the demo and try it out first if you're unsure.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 21:56

With the new 1.3 patch it might be playable. Won't have silky smooth frame rates but enough to survive. New CPU is the quickest way to gain preformance for what you posted as the game will bottleneck on that long before the RAM/GFX card.

BTW: If we where still playing on the 1.2.1 patch my answer would be, "Not after warrior combat rank".
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Rapier
x3tc

Re: [X3:TC] Will I be able to play it?

Post by Rapier » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 22:00

Frostynso wrote:There is a lot of talk regarding performance issues with this game, so I was wondering if my laptop would be able to handle it.
Such questions belong in Off-Topic; where we already have a recent similar thread.

Merged.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Mikes78
x3

Post by Mikes78 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 10:56

The game might - with a bit of luck - "run" on that rig.

However... it's pretty much certain that you eventually will run into situations where your system will just collapse.

Wouldn't recommend playing on that comp... even if you can play at all, it will be a frustrating experience as the places where you can not go add up with the things that you can not do due to performance.

Return to “Off Topic English”