What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 13:26

I'm currently watching

The Flash which has just started Season 3. Some proper comicbook level silliness going on with the plot now, implausible excuses to mix and change things up a bit galore. But i quite like it, keeps things interesting

Westworld, which I'm enjoying so far. Its central premise / moral dilemma has been done to death and then dug up and done some more by Sci-Fi as a whole but this particular iteration is pretty good. Quality of the acting is superb.

Thinking about starting Luke Cage but I'm getting strongly mixed reviews, some say it very poorly paced and the series should be about a 3rd as long as it is, others think it's the best thing since sliced bread. . . . . although the latter tend to come from ppl who'd applaud literally anything with a black lead.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 14:04

Currently watching Arrow season 1, it seems good so far.

Steven Universe, I'm mostly through season 3. Damn this show is good. Its just as good as Adventure Time.

I'm also slowly working my way through the Wire, only have half a season left now but after Season 4 ended it feels like I'm just watching it for the sake of finishing it.

Also Red Dwarf's new series, its pretty funny so far.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 14:11

Bishop149 wrote:[...]
Thinking about starting Luke Cage but I'm getting strongly mixed reviews, some say it very poorly paced and the series should be about a 3rd as long as it is, others think it's the best thing since sliced bread. . . . . although the latter tend to come from ppl who'd applaud literally anything with a black lead.
After having watched Luke Cage, I'd recommend starting out with Jessica Jones first. Cage plays a role in it and Jessica Jones is (arguably) the better show. However I liked the Luke Cage series it is quite an entertaining watch. Would recommend it. (And I don't fall into the second category of people you mentioned.) :wink:
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 15:22

clakclak wrote:After having watched Luke Cage, I'd recommend starting out with Jessica Jones first. Cage plays a role in it and Jessica Jones is (arguably) the better show. However I liked the Luke Cage series it is quite an entertaining watch. Would recommend it. (And I don't fall into the second category of people you mentioned.) :wink:
Already seen Jessica Jones, absolutely loved it. That's actually the other thing that was putting me off a bit. . . . I very much found the Luke Cage bits the "Wesley episodes" of Jessica Jones. I really didn't think there was enough promise there to spin him out.

But hey you've convinced me, I'll give it a whirl.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 21. Oct 16, 06:20

Rick Mercer report is on CBC - approx 22 episodes. It's usually quite funny. It might be region restricted to Canada?

http://watch.cbc.ca/rick-mercer-report/ ... b855f0cf9c

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 13:54

Just finished watching the live versions of Rurouni Kenshin, watched the Manga series a while ago. I stumbled upon the live films last week, didn't expect much but the films were pretty good and worth watching. Get them on prime, while the Manga series is on Netflix.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 23:30

I watched Star Trek Beyond recently... not impressed tbh I'm not a die hard ST fan the movie was just plain rubbish

On the plus side Westworld I think is shaping up nicely and would recommend to others.

Also would highly recommend the 2015 film 'Sicario', kind of like Miami Vice meets CIA.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 00:20

BigBANGtheory wrote:[...]

Also would highly recommend the 2015 film 'Sicario', kind of like Miami Vice meets CIA.
This one right here is really good. Very dark and has a pretty realistic feel to it.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 25. Oct 16, 03:16

I don't watch much TV apart from Game of Thrones, Law and Order reruns and the occasional episode of COPS or a movie I happen to like or one I really wanted to see at the theaters, but didn't.

Yesterday, I watched several hours of Vice TV on youtube, mostly what they had on North Korea. (One of their subchannels, maybe?)

https://www.youtube.com/user/vice

Some interesting documentaries, there. Some have an obvious socio-political slant, but some are pretty decent pure "investigative journalism" on pop-topics.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Wed, 26. Oct 16, 20:14

practically nothing...Maybe the New England Patriots and the San Antonio Spurs now that the NBA is ramping up..but nothing...Whenever the newest season of Game of thrones comes out on DVD ill but and watch that...
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Wed, 26. Oct 16, 23:36

Morkonan wrote:I don't watch much TV apart from Game of Thrones, Law and Order reruns and the occasional episode of COPS or a movie I happen to like or one I really wanted to see at the theaters, but didn't.

Yesterday, I watched several hours of Vice TV on youtube, mostly what they had on North Korea. (One of their subchannels, maybe?)

https://www.youtube.com/user/vice

Some interesting documentaries, there. Some have an obvious socio-political slant, but some are pretty decent pure "investigative journalism" on pop-topics.
Might have been https://www.youtube.com/user/vicenews. They often have quite good stuff.

When it comes to Vice I can recommend:

All three of these documentaries deal with different and ongoing wars in a very close and direct way. Viewer discretion is advised.

"Saving South Sudan"
Trailer
Full show.

"This is what winning looks like." by Ben Anderson
Trailer
Full show.

"Libya’s Quiet War"
Trailer
Full show.

Edits for reasons.
Last edited by clakclak on Thu, 27. Oct 16, 00:56, edited 3 times in total.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 27. Oct 16, 00:31

clakclak wrote:...When it comes to Vice I can recommend:..
Cool, thanks!

For some reason, my cable lineup no longer includes VICE... It did a few months ago, but no longer. Gonna have to talk to my local cable monopoly... :/ (I've prob seen more on youtube, though. :) )

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 27. Oct 16, 07:57

Westworld .... Engrossing series... The quality of setting, storyline and acting are pretty good... Entertaining and thought provoking.... Long may it continue.

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Thu, 27. Oct 16, 18:36

I watched the first episode of Walking Dead Season 7.....oh my god! :shock:

Also thoroughly enjoying season 3 of The Strain. Man I love this show!

Haven't looked at Westworld yet. I loved the two movies with Yul Brynner and hope this series does them proud.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 09:21

Chuck. I thought the first half of the pilot episode was funny. Still watching it.

The Expanse. Just came to most countries netflix. I don't think it's on Canada/US netflix. A space sci-fi drama. Some neat space scenes. I have only watched a few episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/

The Librarians season 2. It was just released on South American netflix. Not the best and cheesy but ok. The three movies are much better. I liked the second and third movies much better than the first one. Pretty much a quirky kids Indiana Jones type thing. Jonathan Frakes ( from star trek TNG ) helped with the movies, etc... The main character (actor Noah Wyle) also appears as another character in Falling Skies, Rebecca Romijn played x-mens Mystique and there's a few other famous actors.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 01:55

Not sure if this is interesting. Spectral is coming to Netflix December 9, 2016 worldwide.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/spectral-ne ... 201856521/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106651/

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 14:06

If you have a non US amazon prime account you might be able to watch videos from the US? It looks like amazon prime video is going global.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazon/comment ... in_canada/

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 15:43

"Twisting the Dragon's Tail." A series about Uranium and how it has affected human history, made by the creator of Veritasium.
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 20:59

Lucifer season 2 and Vikings season 5 has just started.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 9. Dec 16, 14:05

Spectral on netflix. It was alright. Had some moments that felt kind of metro 2033 / stalker like.

Return to “Off Topic English”