17-year-old spent a night in jail, police arrested him for wearing low Pants!

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mistac2000

Post by Mistac2000 » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 22:18

It's really a public nuisance. Also most of those folks that Sag their pants are up to no good(gangs, drug dealers, stick up kids etc.) It's a fashion statement gone horribly wrong.

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 22:23

Mistac2000 wrote:It's really a public nuisance. Also most of those folks that Sag their pants are up to no good(gangs, drug dealers, stick up kids etc.) It's a fashion statement gone horribly wrong.
mm, nice dose of Stereotypeing (is there a ing? :D) there.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 22:27

Titanx3 wrote:
Mistac2000 wrote:It's really a public nuisance. Also most of those folks that Sag their pants are up to no good(gangs, drug dealers, stick up kids etc.) It's a fashion statement gone horribly wrong.
mm, nice dose of Stereotypeing (is there a ing? :D) there.
Only as much as saying "People hanging around in a ghetto wearing gang colours are members of gangs" TBH.

The particular style of wearing the trousers practically around their ankles is (here in the states atleast) entirely restricted to the "gangstas".

Mistac2000

Post by Mistac2000 » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 22:31

the thing about stereotypes is that many are based in truth. look I'm a black man that was born and grew up in Georgia. I've faced plenty of stereotypes. the whole "style" of Sagging originated from the Penal system and spread thru hip-hop and the gang culture.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 22:46

Mistac2000 wrote:the thing about stereotypes is that many are based in truth. look I'm a black man that was born and grew up in Georgia. I've faced plenty of stereotypes. the whole "style" of Sagging originated from the Penal system and spread thru hip-hop and the gang culture.
I've learned something today.

in that case we should outlaw those types of clothes and encourage the gothic culture
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 22:59

just to compound the stereotyping..
I'll be Batman and ole saggypants can be the Robin Hoody git..

BTW did anyone else see Harry & Paul's skit on the Hoodies..
belting around on a tandem singing "Hoody-Hoody Yum Yum.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAo8FXBnHBg

- haven't seen anything this nutty for what 40-45 years, yes must be at least 40 - 45 years :D
Last edited by BugMeister on Wed, 17. Sep 08, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

cappedup
x4

Post by cappedup » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 23:16

forget arresting them, a swift slap would have sufficed. saves police time, everybody wins.. kids with trousers round their knees are rediculous.. of course me with waist length hair, scuffed leather jacket with swear words on it, 15 mates looking the same with noisy 125cc motorbikes is no different! :wink:

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

chrishillproduction.com

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 23:23

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:Only as much as saying "People hanging around in a ghetto wearing gang colours are members of gangs" TBH.

The particular style of wearing the trousers practically around their ankles is (here in the states atleast) entirely restricted to the "gangstas".
You sure about that?

I've seen this particular 'fashion' on occasion over here in Oz - seems unlikely that if it's spread outside the states that it would only be restricted to da hood in the US.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 00:50

eladan wrote:
Tsar_of_Cows wrote:Only as much as saying "People hanging around in a ghetto wearing gang colours are members of gangs" TBH.

You sure about that?

I've seen this particular 'fashion' on occasion over here in Oz - seems unlikely that if it's spread outside the states that it would only be restricted to da hood in the US.
The "Gangsta" culture seems to be highly influential among the more ignorant youth of today outside of the US. (nothing more pathetic than some white Ned "gangstas" zooming about in their custom Vauxhall Novas playing hip hop >.<)

But it's definitely got a restricted appeal in the USA.

Probably because here there's a very real risk of being shot.

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 01:20

Mistac2000 wrote:the thing about stereotypes is that many are based in truth. look I'm a black man that was born and grew up in Georgia. I've faced plenty of stereotypes. the whole "style" of Sagging originated from the Penal system and spread thru hip-hop and the gang culture.
and from gang culture it has spread to the wider world thanks to music video.

I always thought that sagging meant that in prison anyone who indulged this tbehaviour meant that they were looking for some company. This Snopes article says that I am wrong: Sagging.

Later, MBD.
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 08:07

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:
eladan wrote:

You sure about that?

The "Gangsta" culture seems to be highly influential among the more ignorant youth of today outside of the US. (nothing more pathetic than some white Ned "gangstas" zooming about in their custom Vauxhall Novas playing hip hop >.<)

But it's definitely got a restricted appeal in the USA.

Probably because here there's a very real risk of being shot.
Yes but will making people pull up their trousers stop crime....
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 10:12

hmm maybe its an extension of the theory that womens skirts get shorter at times of crisis, now to add to this mens pants get lower with times of crisis .......

Does that in any way work? :lol: :P
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 13:14

It could be that the defendent (Of everything but his lower extremities), was obnoxious, rude and... a teenager to the arresting officer. So where he would otherwise be told to 'Put a belt on you lousy good-for-nothing little trend-following worm', he wound the arrester up to the point where 'Right, if I don't find something to arrest this little sod for, I will use this convenient firearm, and to hell with the paperwork...'

mbthegreat
x3tc

Post by mbthegreat » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 18:03

Golden_Gonads wrote:It could be that the defendent (Of everything but his lower extremities), was obnoxious, rude and... a teenager to the arresting officer. So where he would otherwise be told to 'Put a belt on you lousy good-for-nothing little trend-following worm', he wound the arrester up to the point where 'Right, if I don't find something to arrest this little sod for, I will use this convenient firearm, and to hell with the paperwork...'
"The little shit deserved it!" "All teenagers are obnoxious and criminal!" "Young people are the enemy!".

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 18:41

that's a bum deal
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 19:40

Well hell, there it is.

Had to wait 3 pages for that gem.

:lol:

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 19:43

Could well be that the teenager was a little arsehole to the arresting officer...

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 19:45

what a bummer
[Insert sig here]

mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 20:31

These puns are pants
fud wrote:This place is a utopian oasis on the s**t sea that is the internet, and for that, I'm grateful. :)

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 23:19

That was below the belt.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Return to “Off Topic English”