Configuration table

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Col. J. Ewen III
x3tc

Configuration table

Post by Col. J. Ewen III » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 21:32

someone please explain to me why the hell this game is configured only for a joystick and no options for keyboard interfacing? Or am I not looking in the right %^#$^ place. :evil:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 21:51

I guess, you refer to the 'Input Device'-entry in the X3 starter. If so, that windows is just for 'additional' input devices like joysticks (or joypads), to configure the general settings for them. In the game under Options -> Controls you can remap most of the keys as you want using the keyboard, the mouse and/or the joystick/joypad.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Col. J. Ewen III
x3tc

Post by Col. J. Ewen III » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 15:15

X2,

No, I was not talking about the Input Device. Most games I have ever played with in my off time, generally have two configuration tables. One is a joystick option table, the other is keyboard & usually came in a drop down menu. I did however manage to find the user manual to assist in sorting this out a bit. I did find something else that is driving me insane if you would like to help.

Apparently I am completely ignorant to script editors. I followed the instructions to open the script editor; Installed my own script, but when I went to Execute the file for in game use, my ship did not appear on the list, hence; my script is worthless for use. Is there a detailed instruction page that I can print out in "English" [not the language], but in terms of comprehensive "English". I am already to old to try to decipher "Doctor language", but would like to know exactly how to use the script editor to better suite my personal enjoyment of the game. :?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 15:18

OK the probably unfortunate news for you is that now we know it is X2 and you want to mod it then this must go to the X2 modding forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Col. J. Ewen III
x3tc

Post by Col. J. Ewen III » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 16:05

Alan,

Umm, no. I was replying to X2; but yes, I suppose I am wanting to modify my edition of X3TC; but I still NEED a detailed English report/instruction sheet to examine and follow.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 18:30

Let's move to the X3TC Scripts and Modding Forum then.

**Moved**

Col. J. Ewen III wrote:Installed my own script, but when I went to Execute the file for in game use, my ship did not appear on the list, hence; my script is worthless for use.
If you tell us more about your script, we might be able to help you. Maybe you made a mistake somewhere, which is why your ship isn't displayed on the list (which list btw.?).
If you doubleclick on the script file (.xml) in the "scripts"-folder of your X3TC directory the script will be opened in your browser and you can easily view it and copy it into a forum post (best into code-tags).

Or if it is a bit longer, you could upload it somewhere and copy the link into your forum post, so we can download it.
Col. J. Ewen III wrote:...but would like to know exactly how to use the script editor to better suite my personal enjoyment of the game.
When the Script Editor was introduced with X2, Egosoft released the MSCI Handbook, which explains the basics of scripting with the Script Editor. Apart from that, you find several tutorials about scripting in the 'Tutorials and Resources' threads in the different Scripts and Modding Forums. There is also the MSCI Reference Forum, where you can find explanations for a good amount of script commands.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 11:39

You need to post the script code as suggested.

Without it, no-one will have a clue what your talking about.

And yes, click code button, paste the code then click code again. Otherwise it will be very difficult to read.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”