[Index] Tutorials and Resources

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 22:42

Destroy object? Try "General object commands".

TERRAN-CONFLICTOR

Post by TERRAN-CONFLICTOR » Sun, 10. May 09, 19:08

Can you pls add this new file to the Porting Ships Guide thread on behalf of Captain X.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=239696

Here is the files address

Porting for Dummies v1.0.zip
"The truth is told by whoever is left standing." -- Tom Zarek

lp
x4

Priority

Post by lp » Mon, 25. May 09, 11:05

Simple question: which is the highest priority for script? or a script/task with 0 priority is run with the highest priority or the lowest?
I can't find an answer for that simple question.

What happens in I add marines to NPC ships? Do they get involved in boarding or they simply sleep?

Thanks.
lp

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 02:52

May I recommend that the X2 modding pack also be stickied here. Although some what obsolete, I still found its guides useful.
(That, and because silly people like me tend to be lazy and only check X3TC's stickies.. and occasionally X3R's, but never go so far back as to check X2's. That and I may have completely forgotten about it, and new comers may not have considered to look back that far either)

And to Answer Ip
1) Your post probably should've been in the generic q's thread instead of here
2) You can read up about this in the MSCI handbook as it will probably explain it more in depth then I will. (And it talks about tasks and signals too)

A: The higher the priority.. the more important it is, so it is run first. Hence why signal.killed is at .. 1000? (10,000?)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 03:30

priotity is only important when your interupting.

simply starting a script on any task will override what ever script is currently running, regardless of the priority

adding marines to ships will make them be used for defensive perposes when the ship is getting boarded

Cyndayne
x4

Would like some help modding a ship.

Post by Cyndayne » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 07:05

Hello.

was hoping someone could point me to a good step by step tutorial on making a ship faster, stronger, better. I mostly just want to know what the boron skate is called in Tships, what the various numbers all mean, how to change shield types and regen, hoe to change cargo amount and size, how to change allowed types of turrets, and how to modify lazer energy regen. Please point me in the right direction. And i did spend a few days trolling the forums to try to find what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance,
Cyndayne

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 08:50

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216693]TC Tutorials[/url] sticky is supposed to contain such help. Merging.

MrMitch

Post by MrMitch » Fri, 7. Aug 09, 19:15

Hi Cycrow,
I downloaded your cheat script no problem and enabled the script editor no problem. I see the commands included on your script when I open the editor in game and having looked through the stickies relating to loading a script I can't quite figure out how to enable your script. This may well be a bit noddy and have a simple answer but I would appreciate your help.

jay5965
x3tc

T-Ships

Post by jay5965 » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:59

Hi,
I am trying to add a new ship to the tship file, but I honestly have no idea what I am doing and can't get it to appear in game. Using the X3Editor, I get an error when trying to save the file...it reads "invalid property name"...or something to that effect anyway.
I have looked for a decent tutorial on how to work with this file, but I have come up short of what I am seeking. If anyone could point me toward a crash course in editing the t-ships file I would appreciate it.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 01:56

There isnt one for using the program itself, afaIk.

Hint....always add a new ship to the bottom of the file.

Exactly what are you trying to add ? Are you copying an existing ship or adding a new one from some other mod ?

jay5965
x3tc

Post by jay5965 » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 02:04

apricotslice wrote: Exactly what are you trying to add ? Are you copying an existing ship or adding a new one from some other mod ?
Actually, I am trying to add in an entirely new model that I made a few days ago...I finally got past some of my issues and found the turret, camera, and engine FX dummies, but now I can't seem to get it into the game. :-(

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 02:10

Copy an existing ship with similar specs.
Paste it to the bottom of the file.
Change the scene files to your new ones.
Change the description number to yours in your text file.
Change the cockpits to yours if you set up new ones.
Change other specs as you want.
Save. Put in types directory or add to a mod.

Script a load text command for your text file number.

For things like text file usage, details in Modding 101, and make sure you visit the documentation/download sticky thread to find a number that hasnt been used yet.

jay5965
x3tc

Post by jay5965 » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 02:11

Alright, sounds like a plan...thanks!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 02:23

Also check the documentation for page 17 entries, so you dont duplicate a ship number already used.

Draesk
x3tc

Post by Draesk » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 01:38

A modding basic that I'm looking for and couldn't find by searching: when editing TShips, there are 2 values that allow you to edit the colour of the engine glow and its trail. What I'm wondering is what TC uses to express certain colours, given that it only uses a single numerical value. How exactly would I get "red", for example, and what colour does the value "89" or "5" express?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 01:53

I've no idea. I've never messed with that part of modding. You would be best asking that in one of the threads where they change them. If you get an answer, post it on the end of the modding 101 thread.

superbun
x3tc

Post by superbun » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 19:57

Since when has this thread been a general noob Q&A?

anyway, could someone add the thread in my signature to the first post?
Last transmission of split military python AE-316:
"Split say...ARRRGG!"
-------------------------------------------------------
X3:TC Soundtracks Tutoral

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 18:18

I have really never scripted for turrets. Where can I fine what number the turrets are?
XDrake
NECORE Inc.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 18:22

Cockpit = turret 0.
Others are turret 1-6.
Turret script task ID = Turret ID.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 18:46

Thanks for the quick response!
XDrake
NECORE Inc.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”