[SCRIPT] Utilize and Repair Debris v3.01 03/08/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MassterJ
x4

Post by MassterJ » Sat, 25. May 13, 16:07

thank you all for the answers that's help me a lot

about the famous gate debris can be found at the sector : Dark Space Cluster

i don't have the exact coordinate but informations for this sector are:

located :
North of Oort Cloud
terran

possible it's added by XRM mod but if yes my french game reconize the name of this sector in french normaly the game keep the english name of it if they are added with a mod

on this secotr you can found many Xenons debris too that's why i really suspect it's a new sector added by XRM mod

so badly i can never know were this gate was supposed to be connected (joke)

but now i have tried with AP 3.0 this time not with x3 TC 3.2 and on this sector the Xenon Debris are showed correctly before they was just like a shadow so i will retry on the Xenon debris because the ships are already on vanilla so this time it will work correctly for Xenons debris (i hope)

let's see

thanks again for the work it's very good

MJ

this script is really fast with ships i can have them repaired fast on President's End

Xenon J

Post by Xenon J » Sun, 26. May 13, 12:52

MassterJ wrote: about the famous gate debris can be found at the sector : Dark Space Cluster

i don't have the exact coordinate but informations for this sector are:

located :
North of Oort Cloud
terran

possible it's added by XRM mod
Yes, I think so. Because there is no such sector in original x3TC.

MassterJ
x4

Post by MassterJ » Sun, 26. May 13, 21:14

fore sure it's a specific mod because Xenon debris can't be repaired too so it's a sector added by the mod

arggggg 10 debris of Xenon stuff + the gate just for see something was happen and can't utilise or repair them argggggg

hehehe ok i stop that :)
at least the script work with x3 AP 3.0 too

Xenon J

Post by Xenon J » Mon, 27. May 13, 12:00

Where is that mod? maybe I'll try to adapt script for it. If I'm right, only a few parameters must be changed.

MassterJ
x4

Post by MassterJ » Mon, 27. May 13, 16:47

oopsy this mod is one of the most complete for x3TC/AP last version.

it's a BIG one but nothing is impossible ;) it's just take time (or not depend really)

the mod can can be found in the same forum of course on the top listed one

rebalanced v 1.29 nammed XRM v1.29

if the script can be addapted with XRM so hooooo please yes yes yes it's can be an excellent idea

badly i have no skill for modding so i can't help and it was long time agoo i didn't play X3 last time was with AP v 2.0 .....

i only play again the game from 2 weeks but like the bike we never forgi(get)ve that (sorry i speak french here bad english sometimes)

thanks in advance

and for a fast test when mod is installed it's : start with advanced start on the choice of a new game then it's directly a good plot McCallum relay on terran just 3 secotrs south from this famous one with debris and gate.
and more important you start with nearly 10 ships with you and you have all you need (tl and ts) 1'000'000 credits too

very good for testing this script fast (vidar have a good weapons and shield so he can protect well the baldric )

MJ

ho at least the XRM mod purpose some addons so possible this script can be addapted more easy than i imagine let's see.....

samoja

Post by samoja » Sun, 14. Jul 13, 18:09

Anybody got this script? It is not available for download anymore and i would like to have it.

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 14:20

Backup Download:

[ external image ]
Last edited by SS_T on Thu, 26. Nov 15, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

Stockinger
x3ap

Post by Stockinger » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 11:30

samoja wrote:Anybody got this script? It is not available for download anymore and i would like to have it.
SS_T wrote:Backup Download:

[ external image ]
Well, that is the old one - Xenon J posted a link to a newer version in the other thread:

Xenon J wrote:Are you looking for me? Here i am. :D

I think you need this:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23321528 ... nglish.rar

It's a new version 2.1 made for TC....
Anybody managed to get a hold of this file?

Xenon J

Post by Xenon J » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 13:56

Here is it:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23553003 ... nglish.rar

Does anyone know how to attach files here? I don't wont to reload this file again and again.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 16:26

XDownloads.co.uk seems to be the most stable hosting site available.

Chyre

Post by Chyre » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 19:13

Has anyone been able to get this to work in Albion Prelude? I have it installed, but I can't get the custom command to show up.

P.S. I'm using the latest version; the one that Xenon J published here:
Xenon J wrote:Here is it:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23553003 ... nglish.rar

Does anyone know how to attach files here? I don't wont to reload this file again and again.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 04:43

I have made an alteration to the script that defines what you get for a specific debris subtype.

All debris that's permanent in the TC universe, is placed there by the Universe Map files, and they are found in the types file Tspecial.

I used this to correct the 'a.XJ.get.objecttype.xml' to return the correct item. Some of the original subtypes were incorrectly identified.

An example, A Brennan M6 would be classed as a Buster, The old X2 Titan wrecks as Magnatars, and such. In fact, the Xenon J in Hatikvahs Faith was classed as a Solono, and the odd one in the unknown sector next to Monlonar as a Large Orbital weapons Platform, which is really the wreck of an Otas Aquillo M7M.

I'll be checking to see if the version I have is different from what is portending to be v3.01 to see if there's any difference. If not, the changes will apply just fine.

If anybody is maintaining this, I can send the file (with commented out subtypes that make no sense) to them.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 04:08

I did make work this mod in AP some time ago and now i'm trying to reinstall it and can't find the files anywhere.

Also i'm quite interrested by the modification preventing a M3 wreck to become a Orbital defense (lol)
Don't know if it will become avaible again.

adrianx
x3tc

Post by adrianx » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 19:37

Midnightknight wrote:I did make work this mod in AP some time ago and now i'm trying to reinstall it and can't find the files anywhere.
See a few posts up (xdownload link).

Snergverkumferin
x3

Post by Snergverkumferin » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 16:43

None of the Filefront links for any versions of this script are still valid, but an older one can be found on this UK server:

http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php?optio ... 64&cid=720

Xenon J

Post by Xenon J » Sun, 23. Feb 14, 17:40

The latest version 2.1, which allows to repair and utilize debris of stations destroyed during the game process. It is here now:

[ external image ]

So, download and enjoy :wink:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 29. May 14, 02:23

Xenon J's version of the file I modified for the T240 version was almost correct. 2 errors I found were easy to make, and correct.

I'll not post links to that file, or the spk I made of the package, without permission.

Edit:

Hehehehe, I just discovered something very nice.

In X3 Reunion, Aarladb (sp) created the Salvage Mod. Not really a mod, but a set of scripts that would create derelict ships, encounters, and allow for salvaging of said ships for parts, or the whole ship, and salvage destroyed stations.

Later, some one else took up expanding it, and added a changed vanilla file, that would produce, from the 5 races main races, destroyed ships, that could be salvaged.

Having gotten ahold of Xenon Js version 2.1, I tried something similar. Made some changes in TshipsWrecks, then started a game and blew up the ship type in question I had altered. Lo and behold, I got a wreck.

But that wasn't the fun part. That was when I turned on the 'Debris' detector of the script. It is actually able to target the wreck.

I then started checking what I would need to do to get the 2.1 to utilize, or repair, such wrecks. That done, all I need to do is make the adjustments in the scripts to recognize the ware maintype of the wrecks (31 for destroyed ship wrecks), and add the correct data to the 'get.objecttype' script, to return the correct ship type of the wreck.

I am still experimenting with this. First off, the modified TShipsWrecks file is TC only. I haven't tried to make a version for AP yet, till I've settled the original.

Also, wrecks of this type are, as far as I know, hard coded to be only of 'capital' ships. M1, M2, TL and some M7s of the 5 primary races. Strangely, there's a wreck for the Xenon J and Kha'ak Destroyer (they are specials, aka 'Universal Game Start Wrecks').

I'll experiment with trying to make the game believe the J wreck is actually a K, and the Destroyer a Carrier. That last is kind of useless, as it can't be a carrier, and would be more for resources. A couple of Destroyers, however, can go out and give things a hard time.

If XJ ever responds, I'll see what he thinks about this being released.

Update:

Test has concluded. I have successfully made the game show a wreck for the Xenon K, and Kha'ak Carrier, by putting into TShipsWrecks the body link for the J, and Destroyer.

All the game checks for is the subtype of the object before it was a wreck. So when you try to Repair or Utilize the wreck, you get the correct ware listings.

I also made a slight alteration to the utilize script, to return an extra ware, Nividium, when utilizing the Kha'ak ships. It's not much (they are wrecks, after all), but it is useful.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Thu, 5. Jun 14, 22:02

Is there any provision for repairing or utilizing the unusual looking alien ship/station "Unknown" debris occasionally found in UFJD sectors? I've jumped into such sectors (in an M6 or M7, so I couldn't check the script) and seen what appear to be small Xenon and/or Kha'ak fighter wrecks, as well as what may be broken-off "nodes" from a Kha'ak station.

While I wouldn't realistically expect to be able to repair an alien Kha'ak ship or station (incompatible and unfamiliar technology), it would be interesting to extract some raw materials from it, and Xenon stuff should be understandable. So far, my efforts to find such debris in UFJD sectors while piloting a TS or TL have met with either no debris or else a significant Xenon presence, meaning I had to jump back out immediately. Get in my M7 and jump, and I find it right away, floating there unguarded.

I really hope Xenon J approves of your updates and changes to the mod. I don't know if it's possible to make it a percentage chance of a ship leaving a wreck, or else blowing itself to space dust, but that might be less "spoiler-ish". Having a 10-25% chance of a repairable wreck seems more credible than being able to reconstitute every capital ship that gets toasted over the course of the game. Of course, "just" making it optional would be nice (knowing how the term "just" usually goes over in programming circles). At least I can let you know that the effort is appreciated.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 14:51

The percentage of all Main Races M1/M2/TL and the few M7s leaving wrecks are fairly high. Utilizing them only gives you a small percentage of the materials needed to build/repair them. (They are wrecks as I've mentioned)

I do know that there are Xenon fighters that are part of the wreck of the Xenon J, as such, they can't be individually salvaged or repaired. This Unknown Object station would probably have the fighter wrecks around it in the same pattern.

As for salvaging it, I THINK it would have to be exempted from the 'non-salvageable' subtypes in the scripts. Also, if it is a Kha'ak station wreck, a check for the subtype to allow Nividium recovery.

The standard ship salvaging is based on the size of the wreck, which determines how much salvage you'd get. Kha'ak Carrier and Destroyer, which my modified TShipsWrecks file gives wrecks to (M2 wreck, so a carrier wreck, even though properly identified as one, looks odd :) ) will salvage some Nividium.

I'll have a looksee at the station wrecks, probably an old X2-upgraded to X3 type, and see if it can be included.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 11. Jun 14, 17:03

Thanks. The Kha'ak "station" debris usually consists of two or three individual scattered "nodes", each about fighter-sized. There are sometimes bizarre looking ship-ish kinds of debris which may or may not be some kind of Kha'ak fighter or scout not used in the current game. I've seen them repeatedly in UFJD sectors, and keep wondering what they might be. It seems weird for Egosoft to have made special models of something that's not actively used, if that's what they are, unless they're "leftovers" from some previous game.

I'll try jumping with the TL again, and hope I don't leap into the midst of another active Xenon sector like three of the last four or five attempts. Nothing like finding yourself in a TL next to a Xenon station, with 3 "P"s and a host of fighters closing in on you.

The broken gates in UFJD space also make me wonder if there isn't some way of "dismantling" them for shipping back to normal space in an Aran, and then eventually fixing them. I've got a script for repacking stations, but it won't work on gates, which aren't something that you own anyway. You probably can't tow a broken gate through a gate, either, although I've never tried it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”