[SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lifeforce87
x4

Post by Lifeforce87 » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 21:23

T-h-a-n-k-s :D

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 22:04

Great work! I tried the bugfix update, so far argon tried to invade xenon sector 472 (they didn't success) on the previous version I saw Argon, Split and terran try to get the same sector (they failed mainly because split and terran started to shoot each other).
I keep getting this message:
[ external image ]

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 22:15

Life Bringer wrote:Great work! I tried the bugfix update, so far argon tried to invade xenon sector 472 (they didn't success) on the previous version I saw Argon, Split and terran try to get the same sector (they failed mainly because split and terran started to shoot each other).
I keep getting this message:
[ external image ]
Thanks a lot for the feedback. The only way you should be getting a message with 'null' ships listed is if the ship(s) was destroyed sometime between ordering it to invade/defend and notifying you (there is a bit of a lag, but only by a few seconds). I've added in a check to suppress the message if this happens - will be in next version. Thanks again for pointing this out.

EDIT2: -

EDIT3: Actually, looks like I could be wrong about EDIT2, after all, the Xenon are just kicking everybody to the curb.

EDIT: as an aside, if anyone feels like "jazzing up" the rather boring messages, with different messages tailored for each race's character, that would be awesome. [Oh just realized no disclaimer...]
Last edited by ThisIsHarsh on Wed, 2. Sep 09, 22:57, edited 4 times in total.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 22:22

Disclaimer: please feel free to use this script in whole or in part in any way you see fit, preferably with due credit.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 00:21

This sounds very similar to Improved Races. Can you highlight the main differences? I'm definitely interested in using one of these scripts, as vanilla is just too dry.
Space Cowboy - http://www.myspace.com/hardknight

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be
lost in time, like tears in rain."
- R. Batty

HKP Transponder Interface Software
HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 00:54

Ok, back from the dentist poped full of pills!

Updated to the 2.01, did a uninstall, save, reload, uninstall, install and boom, all Fixed!

I have a few, Xenon Unknown Ships, flying around that invinceable, but when i find em im hiting the destroy key to fix that right up.

Now all i have to deal with is the xenon invasion in black hole sun. Apears everything is destroyed there. I might leave it that way since i dont think ive ever seen a sectored trashed like that one is, and im only 6 hours into this new game. ;)

Thanks for the speedy fix for this. No matter how much you test out something, theres always something ya didnt think of ;)

Might want to update the first page also with link.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 02:25

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/x3sc ... 282%29.bmp

Ok, that is about 1 hour with mostly seta x6 going. Im useing the same old save game that went loco on me. Is that a normal build up of them there without being attacked, or could it be because my save is semi messed up from earlyer, or are they building up a huge force to crash my cpu?

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/3log01002.txt

Theres a debug of about 3 minutes. looking at the ammount i see there already, im gonna try a clean clear/install of it and see whats up.

Would enableing tokens slow the spawns down?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 08:44

Thrandisher wrote:http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/x3sc ... 282%29.bmp

Ok, that is about 1 hour with mostly seta x6 going. Im useing the same old save game that went loco on me. Is that a normal build up of them there without being attacked, or could it be because my save is semi messed up from earlyer, or are they building up a huge force to crash my cpu?

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/3log01002.txt

Theres a debug of about 3 minutes. looking at the ammount i see there already, im gonna try a clean clear/install of it and see whats up.

Would enableing tokens slow the spawns down?
I *think* this is solved by a tweak I sneaked into the current version after you had downloaded it, try downloading again and see if that clears the scouts up. Thanks again for all your help testing.

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 08:57

About the "null" question, I keep receiving it, so I think it shouldn't happen cause the ships are destroyed during the "lag" time, furthermore it happens only with the "hatikvah" sector... ill go and check what happen with my ship :D

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 09:03

chaosras wrote:This sounds very similar to Improved Races. Can you highlight the main differences? I'm definitely interested in using one of these scripts, as vanilla is just too dry.
I actually originally created this to work with Improved Races as a decent race response to incursions (the original script was released before 7ate added his Guardian ships). It will still work well with Improved Races.

The main part of the script is the normal race response via Recon ships and Military Bases. This is implemented in vanilla X3TC, but you rarely see it in action because, well, its a bit underdeveloped to say the least. So in it's simplest form (no Xenon Military Bases, no invasions and no Rearguard ships) it is just a 'fix' to the vanilla scripts.

Actually, in another thread I posted my reasons for making this script:
Reasons are:
- RRF is too clunky, doesn't run well on my PC despite a decent spec.
- Race Patrols is a great idea, but underdeveloped and certain aspects of the mechanics and ship behaviour I don't like.
- The built in race response via Recon ships is too dumb and inefficient. Plus I found a bunch of bugs in the script files, some of which could cause performance issues.
- None of these response scripts include any kind of option for notification messages (i.e. help requests).

So I pretty much combined all the ideas from all the race response plugins into one and added a lot of options for notifications.
Improved Races I personally really like, though for testing purposes I haven't had it running recently, but I will. I prefer my plugin for the race response compared to Improved Races.

IR features 'race level' logic, whereas MBRR has 'Military Base' level logic, so conflicts are localised around the nearest military bases. Also IR spawns in extra ships, whereas (except for Rearguard) MBRR uses existing ships.

Also IR is more advanced in terms of invasions, with sector takeover etc. MBRR just involves wiping out enemy fleets and stations, with no sector takeover.

I would be so bold as to say overall MBRR is more advanced in its limited field of expertise, whereas IR is more comprehensive - has more features. A prime example is the help request messages, which recieve more focus in MBRR.

Hope that helps.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 09:04

Thrandisher wrote:I have a few, Xenon Unknown Ships, flying around that invinceable, but when i find em im hiting the destroy key to fix that right up.
They aren't invincible, they just have a *huge* amount of hull. They don't have very good weapons, though. I'm not sure whether I should make an exception to stop these spawning or not. I'd like to use them, but they are a bit wierd, could spoil immersion a bit. Any opinions on this most welcome.

Life Bringer wrote:About the "null" question, I keep receiving it, so I think it shouldn't happen cause the ships are destroyed during the "lag" time, furthermore it happens only with the "hatikvah" sector... ill go and check what happen with my ship :D
Again, try downloading the same spk again, see if that clears it up. I was a bit naughty and sneaked a couple of minor tweaks in there after I originally posted it.

For those who want to test this out immediately (so far it's looking good, but I would still say Beta for the moment), I have posted on the previous page here. Since it sounds like there *could* still be a couple of minor issues, I'll leave it off the OP for a few more hours.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 09:48

Ok, ill regrab. I found out since then that it was my install/leftover scripts that was causeing those errors or part of it. I had complete uninstalled from menu, safed, removed off plugin manager, started up and they were still spawning and i had no options. LOL.

Anyways, doing a new install so i'll see what happens.

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 18:45

Ok I downloaded it again, no more null, the script works great, argon (with little split effort) have finally conquered xenon sector 472 the sector has been claimed from argon, in spite of this... it has been a waste of time, cause (i think it's cause of improved races script) just some minutes later even if the sector was completely free from xenon ships and bases they spawned back, something like 2-3 storms of Xenon Response ships and a new base has spawn, furthermore there are problems with xenon spy drones that spawn near the gates of the sector, argon m1 insstead of keep firing on the xenon bases has come back to shoot to drone (a waste of time because when you are near enough it disappear)

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 19:03

Life Bringer wrote:Ok I downloaded it again, no more null, the script works great, argon (with little split effort) have finally conquered xenon sector 472 the sector has been claimed from argon, in spite of this... it has been a waste of time, cause (i think it's cause of improved races script) just some minutes later even if the sector was completely free from xenon ships and bases they spawned back, something like 2-3 storms of Xenon Response ships and a new base has spawn, furthermore there are problems with xenon spy drones that spawn near the gates of the sector, argon m1 insstead of keep firing on the xenon bases has come back to shoot to drone (a waste of time because when you are near enough it disappear)
Umm, I'm not clear which bits of your post are about IR and which are about MBRR, which is a testament to how well they work together, I suppose.

MBRR can't capture sectors, will only clear them out of enemies and stations.

Respawns with sector takeovers have long been the bane of sector takeover -type scripts. That's the main reason I didn't touch sector takeover with MBRR (I actually wanted to add sector takeover to MBRR and posted a thread asking for advice about how to handle respawns, but didn't get much of a response).

However, you mention Response ships, which I believe is indeed purely a result of IR. The station respawn and any 'normal' Xenon ships would be GOD though.

Also interesting is you mention the Argon M1 moving off to attack the spy drone. I explicitly coded the MBRR targeting script to make capital ships prefer stations as targets over fighters. Was this Argon M1 an IR ship or an MBRR ship? It might not be possible to tell, but IIRC IR renames invading ships, whereas MBRR doesn't rename ships (except for Rearguard), might be wrong about that though.

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 19:32

I don't know how to recognize IR scripts and MBRR scripts, I just can suppose...
I took some screens hopefully they will help (as always I have a quicksavegame if you want it):
[ external image ]
Argon carrier info screen

[ external image ]
Damn recon drones! The carrier will start to get near the gate instead of moving to the base

[ external image ]
Response ship (IR I think)

[ external image ]
Logbook

Both scripts seems to work fine together, the problem could be that if MBRR try (and succeed) to clean a sector, but IR script let them spawn like hell or the carrier will be busy with drones instead of destroing the bases, will be a waste of time for the commonwealth races :D
I think both script could fit each other in a perfect way, like your will let the races to invade xenon sectors while IR will let to keep it and recognize it like an argon (or split or anything else) sector trying to defeat xenon once for all :D

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 20:37

Life Bringer wrote:I don't know how to recognize IR scripts and MBRR scripts, I just can suppose...
I took some screens hopefully they will help (as always I have a quicksavegame if you want it):
[ external image ]
Argon carrier info screen

[ external image ]
Damn recon drones! The carrier will start to get near the gate instead of moving to the base

[ external image ]
Response ship (IR I think)

[ external image ]
Logbook

Both scripts seems to work fine together, the problem could be that if MBRR try (and succeed) to clean a sector, but IR script let them spawn like hell or the carrier will be busy with drones instead of destroing the bases, will be a waste of time for the commonwealth races :D
I think both script could fit each other in a perfect way, like your will let the races to invade xenon sectors while IR will let to keep it and recognize it like an argon (or split or anything else) sector trying to defeat xenon once for all :D
Wow, thanks a lot for the info. It looks like the Colossus is indeed an MBRR ship. Thanks to your screenshot I think I realize what the targeting issue is. The spy drone is within scanner range, whereas the station is not. The priority is targets within scanner range, followed by targets within 'sector range' (i.e. targets within the main body of the sector). I'll tweak this some more. Thanks again for your efforts.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.1 [2009-09-04]

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 01:08

Update v2.1

:arrow: Various bugfixes and tweaks mostly thanks to fantastic user feedback

Re-added to OP. Now confident all known issues are resolved (famous last words).

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 04:19

ThisIsHarsh wrote:...

Hope that helps.
Yes it does thank you. I will be giving this a try once it looks stable. I just started a new game (Savage Split), and will play around with it there.
Space Cowboy - http://www.myspace.com/hardknight

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be
lost in time, like tears in rain."
- R. Batty

HKP Transponder Interface Software
HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 07:16

Oh man I know you will hate me :D
I downloaded the script, loaded the game and went to the old same sector to watch if I could see the base destroyed...

http://img406.imageshack.us/i/x3screen00034.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/i/x3screen00035.jpg/
http://img297.imageshack.us/i/x3screen00036.jpg/
The colossus keep himself quite far from the base, while the m7 went really near to the base but no shooting, then moved away...

Maybe should I reinit script or something else?

Edit I done some tests:
MBRR->Install\update
IR->Improved xenon options:
Improved xenon from easy to off
Extra stations (to watch if the station will spawn back) from on to off
Fighter response stations from on to off

Then I warp to xenon sector, no more drones, no more response ship so the colossus slowy moved to shoot to the base.
Yeah I was too fast to call for victory... here is what happened while I updated the post:

He moved away without a reason? :?
[ external image ]

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 11:16

Life Bringer wrote:Oh man I know you will hate me :D
I downloaded the script, loaded the game and went to the old same sector to watch if I could see the base destroyed...

http://img406.imageshack.us/i/x3screen00034.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/i/x3screen00035.jpg/
http://img297.imageshack.us/i/x3screen00036.jpg/
The colossus keep himself quite far from the base, while the m7 went really near to the base but no shooting, then moved away...

Maybe should I reinit script or something else?

Edit I done some tests:
MBRR->Install\update
IR->Improved xenon options:
Improved xenon from easy to off
Extra stations (to watch if the station will spawn back) from on to off
Fighter response stations from on to off

Then I warp to xenon sector, no more drones, no more response ship so the colossus slowy moved to shoot to the base.
Yeah I was too fast to call for victory... here is what happened while I updated the post:

He moved away without a reason? :?
[ external image ]
One thing I noticed, it looks like the Colossus doesn't have any fighters left. If a carrier doesn't have any fighters it will retreat at the first opportunity back to its Military Base to restock. It should finish tearing up the current sector though before it goes to restock. However, since you did 'install/update' it should abandon the sector immediately and go to restock.

But before you did install/update the Colossus should have attacked the station, and so should the M7 both before and after the 'install/update'.

Thanks for the savegame, I'll check it out.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”