[AL PLUGIN] Pirate Guild 3: Dynamic AI and Guild System - v1.59 - [2010-07-22]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ZSedlacek

Post by ZSedlacek » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 05:52

Yeah, but is that the point of this script? I can dock at the guild outpost, or I would be able to if it wasn't protected by a bunch of rabid dogs flying m3s. I give the pirates any m3s I capture and they spit them back out straight away to attack me! How can I get on their good side when this happens ):
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix. No, really.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 12:21

ZSedlacek wrote:Yeah, but is that the point of this script? I can dock at the guild outpost, or I would be able to if it wasn't protected by a bunch of rabid dogs flying m3s. I give the pirates any m3s I capture and they spit them back out straight away to attack me! How can I get on their good side when this happens ):
I haven't managed to get PG3 working with AP yet, only with TC, however...

What happens if you scan the ships with a freight scanner?
This seems to 'reset' their disposition in some cases.
I think that used to fix everything for me until I figured out the cheat script 'fix sector relations' did everything at the same time.
I fly Terran for the accents

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 14:30

My question is, are the bounty hunters part of this script?

I'm a friend and member of the Guild (though the regular Pirates hate me) and on very good terms with most of hte races (except for Paranid, Xenon, Khaak and Yaki). No ADS.

Every once in a while a bounty hunter spawns. Even though it's from the race I'm friends with, it's red and attacks my ships. I even tried cheating and setting my STs to god-mode and they still die.

If I kill that SOB, even though he directly attacks ME, my rep with that race suffers.

Is there any way to make sure my rep with a race doesn't suffer if I'm the one attacked? It's pretty stupid to be sentenced for self-defence... oh, wait, it's like that in my country; but at least this is a game where it should be actually fair.

nankura
x3tc

Post by nankura » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 16:13

im confused how to get started, when i installed the pirate guild 3 mod ( i have all mod requirements and most of the suggested mods )

i set myself to friend of the pirates. and when i got open the ECS menu i have no options like in the screenshots to call for aid or missions or anything

im abit lost on how to actually become part of the pirate guild once its all setup

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 21:42

nankura wrote:im confused how to get started, when i installed the pirate guild 3 mod ( i have all mod requirements and most of the suggested mods )

i set myself to friend of the pirates. and when i got open the ECS menu i have no options like in the screenshots to call for aid or missions or anything

im abit lost on how to actually become part of the pirate guild once its all setup
Did you go into Gameplay Options, AL settings and turn it on? After you turn it on, press the <<< button and not the X button. It should start then.

nankura
x3tc

Post by nankura » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 23:26

Sturmer wrote:Did you go into Gameplay Options, AL settings and turn it on? After you turn it on, press the <<< button and not the X button. It should start then.
it wasnt my own sillyness, i found out you actually have to target a pirate station and then use ECS

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 00:08

Sturmer wrote:My question is, are the bounty hunters part of this script?

Some are, although some are spawned normally too if you have low rep with a race. What race are the ones coming to kill you?
I fly Terran for the accents

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 03:29

Llama wrote:
Sturmer wrote:My question is, are the bounty hunters part of this script?

Some are, although some are spawned normally too if you have low rep with a race. What race are the ones coming to kill you?
Terran, Argon, Teladi, Split. My reps as follows: 11, 11, 6, 10. They also really like to destroy my satellites. :(

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 05:09

it's quite simple really since your a part of the PG it means you support them and therefore are a target even if you haven't done anything to upset the races. Personally I keep the bounty hunters option off, it's more of an annoyance to me when I'm trying to set up an empire and also trying to stay on good terms with everyone while I build up.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 11:58

Requiemfang wrote:it's quite simple really since your a part of the PG it means you support them and therefore are a target even if you haven't done anything to upset the races. Personally I keep the bounty hunters option off, it's more of an annoyance to me when I'm trying to set up an empire and also trying to stay on good terms with everyone while I build up.
Thanks for the reply! Didn't know I could turn them off, was a while since I installed that script. :)

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 23:56

Another question unfortunately. :(

I've got an excellent rep with the Guild and I'm a member, but am enemy with other Pirates. The problem is, I've got assets (carriers, destroyers, etc.) patrolling my most used sectors and they either attack the Pirate guild pirates if I have Pirates set as enemy, or ignore the enemy pirates, not just the Guild if they're set as friends, and those regular enemy pirates then attack my freighters.

Defense script that is giving me most problems with this is CODEA whose carrier immediately sends a wing at the [friendly] Guild, which then makes me an enemy to them and I worked hard to be friends.

Any idea how to circumvent that? Too bad Pirate guild couldn't have been made a separate race in those friend/foe settings.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 13:52

Is this plug in compatible with the XRM? Thanks.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 14:14

i64man wrote:Is this plug in compatible with the XRM? Thanks.
yes

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 06:22

Jumee,

Thanks for the reply. Just one more question, I notice your recommended list of additional addons. Are those addons compatible with the XRM? AP 2.0?

zanrivers

Post by zanrivers » Sun, 20. May 12, 02:23

heii, after installing these mods, "why all the races seem so interested in destroying my ship". I could no longer be safely left the ship in any lawless sector, even if I have a good relationship with the ruling race of the sector. :( :rant:

inreality
x3ap

Post by inreality » Tue, 22. May 12, 16:17

Does using the Pirate Guild make sense if I use the Rebalance Mod XRM? AFAIK it also has a Pirate Guild system (not sure though).

Rekalty
x4

Post by Rekalty » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 14:58

The most important thing for me though, would this stop random pirate patrols from being hostile to me, even though im at rank 10 with the pirate faction? my own patrol ships keep getting assaulted by pirates, causing me to drop in notoriety fast, my ships are set to defend only, yet M3 pirates belive they stand a chance against my M2s... Might as well exterminate pirates from the galaxy, its starting to bother me slightly.

ProdigyToby

Post by ProdigyToby » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 07:42

What would cause, instead of getting the normal texts on things, stuff to be named "ReadtextXXXX" where X would be something random like 0-200. It happens when I open the ECS, and ships that are named "TextXXXx" will popup occasionally when fighting pirates.

incarnyte
x3tc

Post by incarnyte » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 17:41

Anyone know if the PG uses one of the race slots? Trying to use this in conjunction with Phanon Corp and I know Phanon is slated to use Race 1. Wondering if there will be any conflicts.

warn1ng
x4

Post by warn1ng » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 18:41

where in DAFUQ is the Pirate shipyard !!!!!!!?!?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”