[SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Sun, 6. Sep 09, 19:14

my starter missiong, Final Fury, to clear Xenon in Black Hole Sun

the xenon keep on flooding in from north gate, nonstop.
mission can never get finished.

i use all default settings, just change some of the notification.

is some setting too unbalance here?

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Sun, 6. Sep 09, 21:06

I installed this yesterday and also had the problem where military outpost don't get ships in accordance with their races

I'm not sure if it caused by your script, but it definitely started when I installed it, it seems to mostly plague the borons and tealdi, as the argon and paranid (and split) seems to mostly get the ships they should, with a few exceptions (but as you said it adds flavor, captured ships maybe ? or lended ? :) )

One military outpost in EIghteen Billion has 2 ships out of 20 of teladi origin tho

Also The ODS in Heretic's End has 3 Terran Rearguard #Deca's hanging around, I'm not sure this is right, as the #deca is supposed to be a unique ship

All in all, it's still working very well, thank you for your work! :)

EDIT: Also the Rearguard #deca's spawn without any weapons anyways

EDIT2: Actually the terran logic seems problematic, since they don't have much invasion to do, I have something like 7 tokyo's and 5 #deca's hanging around doing nothing in heretic's end, it would be nice if some kind of patrolling feature could be implemented, it's really killing frames in the sector atm :)

EDIT3: while I was playing, about 25 Rearguard condors spawned in Eighteen Billion, they are just hanging around near the outpost, about 15 colossus in BHS doing nothing too, just waiting to dock apparently, I have screenies if you need them, also a savegame

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 12:30

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 19:01

kelmen wrote:my starter missiong, Final Fury, to clear Xenon in Black Hole Sun

the xenon keep on flooding in from north gate, nonstop.
mission can never get finished.

i use all default settings, just change some of the notification.

is some setting too unbalance here?
Try setting the Xenon multipier back to 0x under the Rearguard options in the config menu. I have found that the Xenon are bit too deadly with the default 2x Rearguard setting.

Madtrack wrote:I installed this yesterday and also had the problem where military outpost don't get ships in accordance with their races

I'm not sure if it caused by your script, but it definitely started when I installed it, it seems to mostly plague the borons and tealdi, as the argon and paranid (and split) seems to mostly get the ships they should, with a few exceptions (but as you said it adds flavor, captured ships maybe ? or lended ? :) )

One military outpost in EIghteen Billion has 2 ships out of 20 of teladi origin tho

Also The ODS in Heretic's End has 3 Terran Rearguard #Deca's hanging around, I'm not sure this is right, as the #deca is supposed to be a unique ship

All in all, it's still working very well, thank you for your work! :)

EDIT: Also the Rearguard #deca's spawn without any weapons anyways

EDIT2: Actually the terran logic seems problematic, since they don't have much invasion to do, I have something like 7 tokyo's and 5 #deca's hanging around doing nothing in heretic's end, it would be nice if some kind of patrolling feature could be implemented, it's really killing frames in the sector atm :)
The ships of the wrong type spawning is entirely an engine issue. The only ships spawned by this plugin are the Rearguard ships. It seems to be whichever shipyard they respawn from they take shiptypes from that race. I can only assume that when a ship dies it respawns at the nearest shipyard to where it died. I'll have a think about how to get around this, but off the top of my head I can't think of any workaround.

There was a tweak I sneaked into the latest version shortly after I posted it in the OP that will sort out the ships crowding around the Military Base.

The problem is the carriers are trying to restock with fighters, and will not patrol until they have at least a few fighters to use. But they can't dock because all the dock bays are used, so they just move around idly waiting. I've fixed this so that if they can't dock they go back on patrol and try again later.

I've also stopped #deca ships beign used, along with some other special cases (e.g. Terran lasertowers, which apparently aren't classed as 'Stationary Ship's).

So long story short, just redownload the spk and reinstall. Then if you want quick results hit 'install/update' in the config menu.

There is also a fix in there to stop some performance degradation caused by too many replacement fighters respawning.

I will have to stop sneaking in fixes in already released versions, bad practice. I'll relabel the current version when I get chance so people redownload.

Madtrack wrote:EDIT3: while I was playing, about 25 Rearguard condors spawned in Eighteen Billion, they are just hanging around near the outpost, about 15 colossus in BHS doing nothing too, just waiting to dock apparently, I have screenies if you need them, also a
savegame
Looking at that screenshot, I am a little worried - that's a LOT of Rearguard ships. Have you ramped up the Rearguard token settings? I wouldn't think that many could be allowed to spawn (i.e. not enough tokens). If that is with default settings then I may have to look at forcing them to retire more rigidly (currently they only move to dismatle if they have nothing better to do).
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 20:06

Update v2.2

:arrow: Rearguard ships moving to dismantle will no longer be called for defence.

:arrow: Crowding around Military Bases waiting for restock issue fixed.

:arrow: Performance degradation over time caused by jobs and this plugin both respawning fighters fixed.

:arrow: #deca and other special ships no longer used by Rearguard. Please let me know if you spot any other special ships that should not be spawned.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 20:42

ThisIsHarsh wrote: Looking at that screenshot, I am a little worried - that's a LOT of Rearguard ships. Have you ramped up the Rearguard token settings? I wouldn't think that many could be allowed to spawn (i.e. not enough tokens). If that is with default settings then I may have to look at forcing them to retire more rigidly (currently they only move to dismatle if they have nothing better to do).
No I didn't touch the token settings, the only settings I've changed are the requirements for notifications and what messages are written in the log

Anyhow I'll try the new version, let you know how it goes :)

EDIT: I let the old version run over the afternoon while I was away and the number of condors had upped to 39, no seta, I'll let you know if I see this behavior again

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 23:31

Update v2.2.1

:arrow: Forgot another little tweak to help crowding around Military Bases issue. Apologies.

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 02:09

Thanks for the update!

I didn't see any changes with the first update, but, with the second one, all ships started moving again and everything came to life

If I understand the script correctly all those rearguard condor where probably waiting to be dismantled or replenished but couldn't since the docks were occupied they couldn't, now they went about their business

I just did a quick test here but I'll let it run overnight, see how it goes

EDIT: Also, about the wrong ship/race thing, when I uninstalled your script to see if a reinstall would fix things, I noticed all replacement ships for nearby military outposts coming out of omicron lyrae, including Eighteen Billion, despite the fact that the nearest shipyard is Ianimus Zura (no ships came out of IZ) which is only 1 sector away (Omicron lyrae is 4-5 IIRC), so it wouldn't seem like they spawn from the nearest shipyard, maybe it's something else ? I'm no scripter so I don't know anything more :)

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 10:16

Here's what it looked like after letting it run overnight

[ external image ]

All the carriers are Idling farther away from the station than before, none has fighters or is moving to replenish, nothing is landed at the ODS, the other ships are patrolling normally, only M1's seem affected, and no more rearguard M1 spam

Same thing is happening at other outposts

Veskandar
x4

MAN file

Post by Veskandar » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 13:55

The download link gives me a .MAN file, how do I use this?

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 14:17

Same here, just rename it to .spk and it works

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 16:31

Hmm, that's two threads reported .MAN files. I'll investigate.

Just a quick update. I've fixed all reported bugs - actually did so a couple days ago. But I'm not falling into the same trap again, so I've been leaving X3TC running on overnight SETA sessions to make sure there is no more performance degradation and 'crowding' behaviour.

All going well I will release the new version this evening. It might be best to avoid using the plugin until then, since I (finally, after a looong time) managed to reproduce and fix the bug Madtrack kindly reported (thanks a lot for that Madtrack).

This bug will have carriers crowd around near their Military Base (they are actually trying to fly to the sector they are already in, which obviously fails, and puts them in a neverending loop - unless/until they are called away for sector defence).

There are a couple of other more minor tweaks and bugfixes up and coming as well.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 16:44

I got a #Deca last night despite using 2.2.

My installation method was to simply install it over the earlier version using Cycrows manager (e.g. I didn't uninstall the older version first) and starting a new game. It showed up in Uranus while I was testing one of my mods...

I wouldn't worry about it as it's likely due to user error. I'd just like to bring to your attention that somehow/someway it's possible botch the update and get such results (or the script is still broken, but given your express mention of the #Deca in the changelog I rather doubt that).

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 18:45

Hi,

I'm probably missing something that I overlooked...

With all invasion setting switched to off on IA... why MO keeps sending alerts saying Argon invading Xenon sector XPTO and other races doing similar stuff against other races?

:?

several argon sectors close on OmicronL were wiped out by Xenon, same to PTNA and other close sectors. On other hand, all the pirate sectors near ElaneF were wipped out by Argon, Paranid and Xenon

Please give some love to the Pirates :) give them way to fight-back by building MO like Xenon... the only foes I can now enconter is Xenon coz all pirates seem being killed :wink:

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 21:52

@Alkeena: thanks for pointing that out. I'll look into the #deca issue (I have a few hundred MBs of log files I can search through). I suspect it was spawned by a script that was still running the older version, give it a bit of time and that script should finish/terminate and eventually get restarted with the later one.

@mpcribeiro: there will be some 'residual' invasions after you turn off invasions. For example, if a ship set off to invade a sector on the other side of the map, and didn't have any ecells, it could be hours before it finally gets there and the invasion starts.

So the config option stops any new invasions from starting, ones that are already active are left alone. I'll look into forcibly aborting invasions when the config option is switched.

As for Pirates, I tend to agree, they are just waaay overmatched with this plugin. I hoped that Serial Kicked's awesome Pirate Guild would be able to pick up the slack, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least not sufficiently. So yeah, Pirate Military Bases are on my todo list.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 02:13

Update v2.3

:arrow: Many many minor tweaks and bugfixes. Check changelog for a small sample.

Life Bringer

Post by Life Bringer » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 03:09

Oh man can't download it, link seems broken I get an 403 html error...

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 04:34

Life Bringer wrote:Oh man can't download it, link seems broken I get an 403 html error...
Dammit, always forget to set the file permissions. Usually remember within a couple minutes, but not this time. Sorry about that, probably a good thing actually, as I went and found another bug...

Update v2.3.1

:arrow: Patrol behaviour now sleeker. Before, patrols consisted of scanning for enemies 3 times per sector, once at each gate and once in the middle. Now patrol ships move from gate to gate, scanning for enemies as they go. Better movement (e.g. no more crowded gates) and more intelligent.

:arrow: Bug fix: you may notice a constant stream of Xenon M5s flying from Xenon shipyard(s) to their home sector. This stream just keeps growing. My fault. Fixed in latest update. You may have to disable the Xenon AL plugin until the M5s have cleared (about 20 mins SETA), then reenable and everything should be hunky dorey.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 08:38

v 2.3.1
No files:
!job.fight.defencebase.xml
!job.fight.defencebase.pck

So you want to?
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 14:48

Yacek wrote:v 2.3.1
No files:
!job.fight.defencebase.xml
!job.fight.defencebase.pck

So you want to?
Should have mentioned in the changelog, apologies. I removed that file from the plugin as it's not necessary. In previous versions two vanilla scripts were replaced, the patrol script (above) and the recon script !job.patrol.scout. The replacement of the recon script is necessary. However, the patrol ships will be retasked over time by Military Bases to use the correct script, so replacing !job.fight.defencebase is not strictly necessary, but if you still have it in your folder then it's not a problem.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”