[SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 18:02

mpcribeiro wrote:Hi,

I'm probably missing something that I overlooked...

With all invasion setting switched to off on IA... why MO keeps sending alerts saying Argon invading Xenon sector XPTO and other races doing similar stuff against other races?

:?

several argon sectors close on OmicronL were wiped out by Xenon, same to PTNA and other close sectors. On other hand, all the pirate sectors near ElaneF were wipped out by Argon, Paranid and Xenon

Please give some love to the Pirates :) give them way to fight-back by building MO like Xenon... the only foes I can now enconter is Xenon coz all pirates seem being killed :wink:
Further to this, it seems I was mistaken in my previous response.

Turning off invasions stops Recon ships from signalling invasions. However, invasions can still be signalled if a big ship (M6, M1, etc) is killed in enemy territory.

The patrolling ships can move as far as 2 sectors away from their race-owned sectors. So if e.g. an Argon M6 gets killed in a Pirate sector bordering their space, and there are a lot of pirate ships around, an invasion will be signaled, whether or not the option is selected in the config menu. So a 'retaliation' strike, versus a full-on invasion as signaled by Recon ships.

I've fixed this to not perform retaliation strikes if invasions are disabled, wll be in next version.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 20:42

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
mpcribeiro wrote:Hi,

I'm probably missing something that I overlooked...

With all invasion setting switched to off on IA... why MO keeps sending alerts saying Argon invading Xenon sector XPTO and other races doing similar stuff against other races?

:?

several argon sectors close on OmicronL were wiped out by Xenon, same to PTNA and other close sectors. On other hand, all the pirate sectors near ElaneF were wipped out by Argon, Paranid and Xenon

Please give some love to the Pirates :) give them way to fight-back by building MO like Xenon... the only foes I can now enconter is Xenon coz all pirates seem being killed :wink:
Further to this, it seems I was mistaken in my previous response.

Turning off invasions stops Recon ships from signalling invasions. However, invasions can still be signalled if a big ship (M6, M1, etc) is killed in enemy territory.

The patrolling ships can move as far as 2 sectors away from their race-owned sectors. So if e.g. an Argon M6 gets killed in a Pirate sector bordering their space, and there are a lot of pirate ships around, an invasion will be signaled, whether or not the option is selected in the config menu. So a 'retaliation' strike, versus a full-on invasion as signaled by Recon ships.

I've fixed this to not perform retaliation strikes if invasions are disabled, wll be in next version.
Brilliant ThisIsHarsh

And many thanks for your quick feedback; this mod its a well done job and I look forward to further enhancements :D

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 21:18

This is looking nice :)

As soon as I have some spare time I'll install it and see the results (hoping I won't stumble on a very hard to reproduce bug again :D)

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 11:09

@ThisIsHarsh

the latest version seem to have introduced a new issue, at least on my game.

some of the ships names appear clear, with no names; they are fully operational but with no names. From M7 up to M1. The small ships seem alright.

I wonder if someone else has this issue as well or just me. Cheers

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 21:25

mpcribeiro wrote:@ThisIsHarsh

some of the ships names appear clear, with no names; they are fully operational but with no names. From M7 up to M1. The small ships seem alright.

Umm, haven't noticed anything like this myself. I've only seen this happen when a mod (not script) makes changes to the jobs file. Have you installed any other mods alongside this script?

Other than that, has anyone else had the same no-name issue as mpcribeiro?
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 08:15

I havent run into that problem of the clear names myself.

@mpcribeiro
Do you have any ship renameing scripts? Since there all kinds of classes, that rules out it being something from a nocivilian type script acting out from frustration.

So far everything has been working great for me from the last version. Although i did have to turn off invasion as for some reason, xenon got a little rought with me and half the sectors i have explored. LOL
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 08:50

Thrandisher wrote:So far everything has been working great for me from the last version. Although i did have to turn off invasion as for some reason, xenon got a little rought with me and half the sectors i have explored. LOL
You may want to turn down the Xenon Rearguard token multiplier. The original value of 3x means Xenon are a biiit overpowered, compared to the other races. I have it set as 1x now and the Xenon are struggling. I'm thinking of setting to 2x, but then I've just (re)installed Improved Races, which should give the Xenon a boost anyway.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 10:33

Ok, i swore i had em at 2, but 3x sounds plausible with how much chaos i have from xenon. Which leads me to something random, maybe.

First of all, a picture!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1176423/x3screen00008.bmp

Ok, as you can see in evidence #1, there are becons. The beacons are from destroyed ships for the script, scriptloot. When a ship is destroyed, there is a chance of being able to salvage it for parts to create your own weapon of mass destruction or sell for money.

Upon closer examination of the becaons, there is a beacon for every ship in the game. Now this happened during a invasion from xenon, and as you can see, there all in one spot.

I dont know if its posible for yours to spawn in ships of every type or if its only limited to the race's outpost base or what.

I just know it was kindof neat seeing every ship name in a scrollable menu without being in a cheat script, heh.

Alexal
x3tc

Post by Alexal » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 12:05

So is it compatible with RRF?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 21:58

@Thrandisher: hmm, not sure about that. I would have to check out the script. It looks like all the wreckage is exactly 0,0,0 which sounds like a null issue to me in the wreckage script. I also notice the #deca ships, could they be left overs from a MBR 'uninstall', which destroys ships perhaps?
Alexal wrote:So is it compatible with RRF?
I have factored in compatibility with RRF, but it is untested just yet. I intend to test it, but not sure when I will have time.

What you will (should) find with RRF is that there will be a lot less RRF ships around, since most of them a 'stolen' by MBR.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 23:12

ThisIsHarsh wrote: I also notice the #deca ships, could they be left overs from a MBR 'uninstall', which destroys ships perhaps?
Aha, i never thought of that. I did actualy do a uninstall not long before that(hard to tell time on pain pills sometimes) to stop the constant xenon K's chaseing me down for my lucky charms.

I did uninstall this and rrf and tossed in improve races noticed i did have alot of null's in IR.

I gotta say, its really great flyign around sectors and seeing destoryed stations left over from xenon invasions, and wrecks all over the place *bouy's*. I dont think ive ever seen such a war torn galaxy. It makes imperial labatory look like wimps! ;)

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 00:30

Bugfix update v2.3.2

:arrow: There was a bug stopping carriers assigning fighters to formations and issuing the correct command, this is now fixed. You should see significantly more fighters around compared to last version.

:arrow: When e.g. Boron goes to help Argon defend one of their sectors, you would get a notification of Boron invading Argon sector, when actually they were just going to help defend. This has now been fixed.

:arrow: With invasions disabled the destruction of a big ship in an enemy sector could still trigger retaliation invasions. This has been fixed.

As of version 2.3.x I reduced the number of fighters on carriers significantly, since I saw too many massive swarms of fighters and didn't like the look of them (plus dread the framerate of trying to actually play in those sectors). But now I'm thinking I might have reduced the amount of fighters too much. I would appreciate opinions on this...

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 02:23

Great. was waiting for the invasion fix. Started a new game so ill break it in and report back any crazy stuff.

DeadZone
x4

Post by DeadZone » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 11:23

Quick question: would having carriers use tokens reduce the number of fighters launched at a time? Or only delay a carriers fighter respawn time?

chrisrico
x3tc

Post by chrisrico » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 15:29

I'm getting that too, and I think it started happening since I last updated MBR. Also, it coincided with me noticing that some Argon sectors got seriously wiped out. I went to Ore Mine and every station in the sector was destroyed. Same with Cloudbase Southwest.[/code]

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 20:22

DeadZone wrote:Quick question: would having carriers use tokens reduce the number of fighters launched at a time? Or only delay a carriers fighter respawn time?
It would mean that a lot less Rearguard ships would spawn and a lot of carriers would have no fighters. Restocking fighters can use a LOT of tokens. You can of course increase the number of Rearguard tokens to compensate. Token costs for fighters range from 1-8.

chrisrico wrote:

I'm getting that too, and I think it started happening since I last updated MBR. Also, it coincided with me noticing that some Argon sectors got seriously wiped out. I went to Ore Mine and every station in the sector was destroyed. Same with Cloudbase Southwest.[/code]
Hmm, OK, this is wierd. I'll look into it. Still not spotted this no-name issue myself. Which language version are you both using? Is it definitely only on big ships not fighters? You definately not installed any mod alongside this script?

I find it strange that OB and CSW got wrecked, the closest Xenon sector is Xenon 101. The Relay ships will signal an invasion of the first heavily defended sector, or the first sector with enemy stations, that they come across. Since Relay ships start from Xenon sectors, they shouldn't get as far as CSW for a bit.

The only other possibility is a random Xenon ship spawned by GOD was put in CSW/OB and was killed, provoking a retaliation.

Are you running any script that may change relations between races? I think RRF might. If the notoriety is changed between one race and another then it could have been the Paranid or some other race that attacked CSW/OB.

DeadZone
x4

Post by DeadZone » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 21:48

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
DeadZone wrote:Quick question: would having carriers use tokens reduce the number of fighters launched at a time? Or only delay a carriers fighter respawn time?
It would mean that a lot less Rearguard ships would spawn and a lot of carriers would have no fighters. Restocking fighters can use a LOT of tokens. You can of course increase the number of Rearguard tokens to compensate. Token costs for fighters range from 1-8.
Actually, this is what I was hoping for, since atm the script appears to give carriers to many fighters which slows my rig to a crawl
Thx

chrisrico
x3tc

Post by chrisrico » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 00:33

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Hmm, OK, this is wierd. I'll look into it. Still not spotted this no-name issue myself. Which language version are you both using? Is it definitely only on big ships not fighters? You definately not installed any mod alongside this script?

I find it strange that OB and CSW got wrecked, the closest Xenon sector is Xenon 101. The Relay ships will signal an invasion of the first heavily defended sector, or the first sector with enemy stations, that they come across. Since Relay ships start from Xenon sectors, they shouldn't get as far as CSW for a bit.

The only other possibility is a random Xenon ship spawned by GOD was put in CSW/OB and was killed, provoking a retaliation.

Are you running any script that may change relations between races? I think RRF might. If the notoriety is changed between one race and another then it could have been the Paranid or some other race that attacked CSW/OB.
I'm not using Xenon military bases, so would that would a Xenon capital killed in Ore Belt to cause a retaliation?

Anyway, there is one other thing I noticed today. All of the ships without a name have a military base as their home. And yes, they are all M6 and up. Next time I hope on, I'll take a screenshot. On the upside, it doesn't seem to affect being able to cap them. I've gotten myself a Cereberus, Thresher, and Ares all with a blank name.

HalcyonSpirit
x3tc

Post by HalcyonSpirit » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 01:00

I've seen this "no-name" thing before. It's due to a script/mod that used to spawn and control ships that no longer exists (or has improperly relinquished control of the ships, I guess). When it happened to me, it was when I had the "Pirate Patrols" mod installed, and then I just took it out when I realized I didn't like it. The ships it had spawned remained in the game (and behaved as they already had), but they had no names.

I'm guessing something got changed with this script in the update (file name change, code change, whatever) that caused its link with those ships to be broken. The script is fine (as long as it was coded properly, obviously!), but its probably spawned new ships to replace those that it has no record of (the no-names).

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 01:34

I've been toying with an idea that I would appreciate some input on...

Enemy ships are tagged by Recon ships or other Military Base ships. When one of your ships destroys them, you get 'points' with the Military Base. These points will be tied into a ranking system (Recruit, Lieutenant, etc), giving access to new abilities, and also be 'spendable' on these abilities. So new ranks give more abilities, but you have to spend points to use abilities, giving a tradeoff.

Ranks could be used, as they increase, to give rewards, such as (in order of rank):
  1. Allow you to act as a Recon ship, calling in reinforcements to help defend a race's sector.
  2. Allow you to call in forces for an invasion of enemy sectors.
  3. Allow your ships to resupply any missile/ammo type (according to ship's resupply settings) by docking at Military Bases. Requires you to 'spend' points... kills in exchange for missiles/ammo.
  4. Allow you to call in reinforcements from other Military Bases, i.e. ones outside of the nearest Military Base's jurisdiction.
  5. At this point, or somewhere near, would probably need to devote yourself to one specific race...
  6. Give limited control over notoriety with races, e.g. Neutral<->Border Access Only. Requires you to spend points.
  7. Allow you to call invasions on Border Access Only race's border sectors.
  8. Give more control over notoriety, e.g. Border Access Only<->Enemy.
  9. As ranks increase, reduce amount of points necessary to modify notoriety, or any other action requiring expenditure of points.
  10. Take control of military ships. Requires expenditure of points.
  11. Ability to force abandon invasion/defence of a sector, to free up ships for use elsewhere.
  12. Total control over notoriety. Still requires expenditure of points, though.
Any ideas or comments most welcome on this. It's still very much a seed in my mind.

Whaddya all think?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”