[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 17:55

VincentTH wrote:@Joubarbe

re:
CHANGE: Damage on non-maintained ships is higher.
It was bad enough that MLCC ships refuse to go on sortie if they are 1% damaged!!!!! :-( I wish it could be 10% instead or at least have a facility to automatically send them for repair at the specified Repair Sanctuary (instead of having to manually do it when we need their service)!!!!!

The same is also true for UTs. They refuse to run and demand repair for their 99% hull!!!!
How do you run out of money? I don't think I've ever been below 1 million after getting started.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 18:18

imeddyeddy wrote:So, I'm not sure if I managed to slightly brick my boarding pods, but the encyclopedia entry for boarding pods doesn't list them as being able to be used by any ship whatsoever, including the Kraken I painstakingly hunted down, scanned, and built for the purpose of using them. Am I missing something about boarding pod usage?
I have the same thing. My last game was (presumably) 'corrupted' by the Smart Turrets script I installed, but the current one is clean and I still have this issue. I also occasionally run into a Mammoth in an ATF sector. Everything else works fine. I'm not sure what have I messed up. I followed the installation instructions (I think) to the letter, beside that I haven't installed E/I part because I'm not interested in it. Could that be it?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 18:46

Not the E/I.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 18:51

Sirrobert wrote:
VincentTH wrote:@Joubarbe

re:
CHANGE: Damage on non-maintained ships is higher.
It was bad enough that MLCC ships refuse to go on sortie if they are 1% damaged!!!!! :-( I wish it could be 10% instead or at least have a facility to automatically send them for repair at the specified Repair Sanctuary (instead of having to manually do it when we need their service)!!!!!

The same is also true for UTs. They refuse to run and demand repair for their 99% hull!!!!
How do you run out of money? I don't think I've ever been below 1 million after getting started.
If you have the fleet that I have (2 m2 (one for MLCC, one to activate the Free M6 loadout), 1 M1, 20 M7, 400 M3, 25 sanctuaries), then you would run out of money pretty fast, especially when I can only sell 40 Nividium at a time (and that prevent my miner collecting TS from filling up) :-( I believe the option of loading the Nividium on a freighter on a suicidal 1-way sell trip is too cheezy for my taste!!!! For some reason, my Seller TS does not like to sell Minerals to the Mining Outpost despite my using the Avg-1 price on them. )

Also, I regularly help the poor Boron & Teladi against ATF/Terran aggressiveness in the SouthEast by contributing massive funds to help their SYs fight back!!!! The only thing about Terran/ATF is that their ships are superior to the Commonwealth shps in general, and for them to sign a non-agressive pact really makes life tougher for their neighbors!!! That despite their higher cost of invasion. I much prefer their fighting against each other in previous releases!!!

In my game, the Terrans have wiped out the Boron in the Lucky Planet area, as well as the Argon around Light Of Heart!!!! The ATF encircled the Boron in Menelaus Oasis, and the Teladi only hold US Delta, the sector I conquered from the Xenon and give to them to act as buffer against the ATF.

I would have gone to war against either the Terran/ATF, if not for the fact that

(1) I still have the OCV to deal with
(2) if I go against one of them, then both will attack me!!!!

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 19:24

Right, that seems logical. Giant maintenance.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

imeddyeddy
x3ap

Post by imeddyeddy » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 20:32

all_other_names_taken wrote:
imeddyeddy wrote:So, I'm not sure if I managed to slightly brick my boarding pods, but the encyclopedia entry for boarding pods doesn't list them as being able to be used by any ship whatsoever, including the Kraken I painstakingly hunted down, scanned, and built for the purpose of using them. Am I missing something about boarding pod usage?
I have the same thing. My last game was (presumably) 'corrupted' by the Smart Turrets script I installed, but the current one is clean and I still have this issue. I also occasionally run into a Mammoth in an ATF sector. Everything else works fine. I'm not sure what have I messed up. I followed the installation instructions (I think) to the letter, beside that I haven't installed E/I part because I'm not interested in it. Could that be it?
Oh hey I think I ran into that exact same thing with the mammoth too! Found a full hull, full shields, totally decked out mammoth just abandoned somewhere populated. Didn't take note of the sector though

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 21:12

imeddyeddy wrote:
all_other_names_taken wrote:
Oh hey I think I ran into that exact same thing with the mammoth too! Found a full hull, full shields, totally decked out mammoth just abandoned somewhere populated. Didn't take note of the sector though
I have seen one in Faded Dream too in my current game, and in previous games at Terran D. From my experience, this is definitely related to either the ATF or Yaki ships because I consistently find one in that area.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 21:29

VincentTH wrote: I have seen one in Faded Dream too in my current game, and in previous games at Terran D. From my experience, this is definitely related to either the ATF or Yaki ships because I consistently find one in that area.
Got one Mammoth in Earth too.

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 21:41

Re: Mammoths
Good to know it's not just me.

imeddyeddy
x3ap

Post by imeddyeddy » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 22:33

Cool about the mammoths, but anyone else having the problem with boarding pods and/or know about how to resolve it?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 22:44

imeddyeddy wrote:Cool about the mammoths, but anyone else having the problem with boarding pods and/or know about how to resolve it?
What about boarding pods, besides the fact that in LU, there is such thing as "anti-missile" missile, a.k.a chaffs. You have to either make sure the target ship runs out of them (scanning in LU does not require you to be closer than 4km), or that you launch your pod very close to the target ship to avoid your pods being shot down.
The other way to do it is to send your pods in right after some Flail so that the chaffs would target the Flail instead of your pods. The chaffs have a 1-2 second recharge that you can take advantage of.

Besides, I find that in MayHem, scanning ships to get their blueprints is the best way to get the ship!!!!
Last edited by VincentTH on Fri, 5. Jan 18, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

imeddyeddy
x3ap

Post by imeddyeddy » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 22:47

VincentTH wrote:
imeddyeddy wrote:Cool about the mammoths, but anyone else having the problem with boarding pods and/or know about how to resolve it?
What about boarding pods, besides the fact that in LU, there is such thing as "anti-missile" missile, a.k.a chaffs. You have to either make sure the target ship runs out of them (scanning in LU does not require you to be closer than 4km), or that you launch your pod very close to the target ship to avoid your pods being shot down.

Besides, I find that in MayHem, scanning ships to get their blueprints is the best way to get the ship!!!!
"the encyclopedia entry for boarding pods doesn't list them as being able to be used by any ship whatsoever"

they cannot be equipped or used on any ship

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 22:48

imeddyeddy wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

"the encyclopedia entry for boarding pods doesn't list them as being able to be used by any ship whatsoever"

they cannot be equipped or used on any ship
May be the Panda remove them? I have since given up boarding, because blueprint scanning is 1000 times easier to do!!!!

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 23:35

Those random mammoths are usually a first indication that your save is ******.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 10:02

Can someone upload a savegame with an ATF Mammoth? All Mayhem ships are tagged, and I'm not sure it comes from Mayhem.

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 10:18

Joubarbe wrote:Can someone upload a savegame with an ATF Mammoth? All Mayhem ships are tagged, and I'm not sure it comes from Mayhem.
Here's one:

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/1ke9fx

In my last game, I encountered a couple of 'ATF Mammoth'. One of them had a mission icon, but I was unable to talk to him (wouldn't respond).
In this game, I've ran into two 'Mammoth', both in ATF sectors. One of them I claimed, but the other one can't be claimed. You will find it in Spires of Elusion.

Edit: Actually, Spires is a Terran sector in this game.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 11:04

Hmm... It's really hard to tell. It's not a Mayhem Battle Group, and its owner race is Unknown. It may be related to the Steal mission, when trying to create an ATF TS, because ATF does not have a TS. I just added a proper check to avoid that, but I cannot guarantee that it will fix it.

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 11:26

Joubarbe wrote:Hmm... It's really hard to tell. It's not a Mayhem Battle Group, and its owner race is Unknown. It may be related to the Steal mission, when trying to create an ATF TS, because ATF does not have a TS. I just added a proper check to avoid that, but I cannot guarantee that it will fix it.
My suspect is the 'courier' mission where you need to approach a ship (< 4km I think) and it transfers goods to you to bring to a guy on a station who gave you the mission.

Edit: You probably mean the 'Collect' and 'Rob' missions? 'Steal' ship is always docked as far as I could see.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 11:56

I think I've had "Rob" missions against the ATF before, and they featured a regular TS.
Can't be 100% sure though.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 15:35

• NEW: You can reset a Sanctuary perks for 1 threat.
  • NEW: Permanent wars. You can declare permanent war to two factions. This is completely optional. It gives you 1 maximum perk for each of your Sanctuary and unlock the Blueprint market of the enemy company. As the name suggests, this is permanent and irreversible.
How does it sound?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”