[TC] boarding the deca twice to get it.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mangar
xr

boarding the deca twice to get it.

Post by mangar » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 05:55

Ok, i read that thread how to get the deca when the first wave says deck 5 or hacking the computer. While the second wave of marines are cutting the hull. the first wave turn control over to the terrans, the second wave now cuts trhough and starts fighting.

the deca is blue with my marines into deck three, they state "the agreements still stands" and whats left of my 40 marines, now 5-8 get kick out to space. if you try to board after the stament it says

"this target cannot be boarded choose another target y/n?"

I started a whole new game just to get to this point to have my own deca and see that maybe the GAME MAKERS put a block on it with up date 2.7.1?

I find it fustrating that you can not buy any AFT ships, but have to wage war on your own kind loosing rep. then when you settle about lossing rep, then you are not allowed to even to board particular types of ships?

I want AFT ships and a deca, any iput would be great.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 13:37

Are the second marines good enough to beat the first marines?
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 13:46

oh yes!!! the fist set are 2star fight with 4&5 skills. the second set of marines are 4&5 Star fight with 4&5 skills.

It just now the mission just times out bewteen where "we have control over the ship" turns blue, second wave then enters and fights, get to the 2 or third deck, them the misssion narator states "we have an argeement" then all my second wave marines are kicked out and I do not get a chance to gain the deca?

I though maybe the 2.7.1 update may have shorten the window so the cafe can not be taken anymore?

If that be the case can I get another cafe later? blue prints later?
can ATF prints be purchased without fighting my friendlies?

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 22:17

mangar wrote: can ATF prints be purchased without fighting my friendlies?
sorry, no.

mangar
xr

yes or no, get deca, in 2.7.1 Vanillia and bonus download

Post by mangar » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 04:40

I hope someone can answer yes or no. In ver 2.7.1 and bonus downloand in a vinillia game can the deca still be captured? that is done the by boarding twice when the ship is turned over?

I am at a point to try it again so I can move on in the game. I plan to do it when a wake up and waste the day reloading until I get it.

anyway thanks in advance, just want to make sure it can still be done with these updates.

I got board and train new marines, I now have 40 marines that are 5 stars from fight to all skills and ready to do something fun now. I also have another 40 in training.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 04:53

short answer :

YES.
X gamer , one at a time.

froger
x4

Post by froger » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 05:03

A BIG NO the deca is no longer acuierable as of 2.7 sorry

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 05:24

froger wrote:A BIG NO the deca is no longer acuierable as of 2.7 sorry
ummm I'm pretty sure it is still acquireable in 2.7

froger
x4

Post by froger » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 05:52

sleepy_head wrote:
give it a try but in another post i read i think it was Nanook that said all invincable ship including deca are not able to be borded

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 06:36

froger wrote: give it a try but in another post i read i think it was Nanook that said all invincable ship including deca are not able to be borded
There are quite a few plot-related invincible ships you actually have to board to progress through the plot :)

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 11:59

The Terran plot Deca was made non-invincible because it can be captured. There is however a second Deca class ship apparently in one of the other mission lines and that one is invincible and unboardable because the mission line requires it to be that way.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 17:02

I kind of figured that it is no longer able to capture.

If you read my above thread start, I had all my ducks lined up but the mission narrator times out and throws all my marines into space before they reach the core to take it of the Aldrin/terran hands.

the more a play the more I am getting upset with these facts.

1. people talk about taking control over the univers, yet they can not have their own docks and station do upgrades. ( forcing people to mod their games. ) So once you kill everyone off, you can not buy a jump drive, or even install your own trade software at Your OWN Equipment Dock or even expand cargo space?

You are so powerful, yet you can not even pimp your own ships?

2. if one is friends say like the ATF, you are forced to fight them to gain ships, ( q. after you get the ship will the PHQ make blueprints for them, and rebuild them? )

----------------------------------------

I have a few ideas, if they would honor, say for computer and software ugrades a player needs to collect 10 parind hackers (level 5) and place them on a station in order to get docking software rights.

say for engine upgrade any race (mech'l and engineer level 5 each) and for cargo just 10 engineers level 5 stars.

I mean stations are military places why not have hired skilled marines to manage the upgrade rights to perform various upgrades from which races they come from.

I guess I will just move on in the game.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 00:06

NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:The Terran plot Deca was made non-invincible because it can be captured. There is however a second Deca class ship apparently in one of the other mission lines and that one is invincible and unboardable because the mission line requires it to be that way.
yeah imagine if you could capture that one!!! fully loaded with lasers :twisted:
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 01:00

froger wrote:
sleepy_head wrote:
give it a try but in another post i read i think it was Nanook that said all invincable ship including deca are not able to be borded
Don't recall the exact post, but I think I said something to the effect that you can no longer acquire an invincible ship. Which means the Deca is no longer able to be captured as an invincible ship. You can still apparently get it as non-invincible. It's the later Cafe that you cannot get at all, because it's always invincible.

Other formerly invincible ships like the Enhanced Dolphin of Mahi Ma and the True Light Seeker are no longer invincible if you board/capture them, as they were pre-patch.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 01:19

Nanook wrote:
froger wrote:
sleepy_head wrote:
Don't recall the exact post, but I think I said something to the effect that you can no longer acquire an invincible ship. Which means the Deca is no longer able to be captured as an invincible ship. You can still apparently get it as non-invincible. It's the later Cafe that you cannot get at all, because it's always invincible.

Other formerly invincible ships like the Enhanced Dolphin of Mahi Ma and the True Light Seeker are no longer invincible if you board/capture them, as they were pre-patch.
As soon as Mahi Ma leaves his ship you can go over to it and claim it with no issues. I already have it, and I am still doing the hub mission. :wink:
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 01:23

that is what I have been trying to do, just get a deca invincable or not. I know the second mission later on you can not get, it the first in aldrin.

problem: just when the ship is turned over my marines cut in and get to deck 2 or 3. then the narrator says, THE AGREEMENT STILLS STANDS, one milli second after that any marine still on the ship fighting is thrown into space. then the deca is not allowed to be boarded as a target.

I figured maybe once my marines are cutting the ship goes blue I will hit shift -j and hope the marines fight fast in seta mode while the narrator takes time to make his annoucment? maybe, just maybe?!?!?!

if not aftyer a few tries and reloads, I will give up and look for an aran or two.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 06:18

It is capturable, I grabbed it last week.

mangar...sounds like you're doing it manually or with a TP. This makes the task infinitely harder...suggest you get two M7Ms and boarding pods (via cloning), Kraken works best.

froger
x4

Post by froger » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 20:21

what version are you running

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 01:37

I have two M7M,
running on ver 2.7.1 with bonus package and
it is a vanillia game, no mods.

first with 20 marines 2&3 stars all around and fight.
second 20 with 4&5 stars all around and fight.

This way wave 2 can kill wave 1 were only 4 marines from wave one are left over.

OK my walk down of the events. reloaded like 18 times, spent about 10hrs in real time all looking for a good outcome. never did! here the same result below.

Just as the first set reach deck 5, I launch my 2nd crack marines.
just as the first set is hacking the core, the crack marines are cutting in all at the same time.

just as the annouce, we have the ship, it turns blue and is handed over to the terrans, my second set are just break through and starting to fight.
(about 3 secs pass)
the terran is speaking blah blah blah, my marine are now at deck 2 and 3.
(about another 5 secs pass) as they all get to deck 3 going for the 4th deck.
Then the terran says, "the agreement still stands, any of the 20 marines like 17 out of 20 are all ejected into space.

I even tried MY thrid M7M with a another set of 20 marines and the game stated this is not a boardable target select a new target?

--------------
Ok so what am I doing wrong? I am about to try this again but as so as I get the timing right I will hit shift -j while the terrans is talking and HOPE my marines can make it to the 5deck and hack the core intime?

did you have to hit shift-j?

Any vetren help thanks on this spoiler.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 04:16

Just boarded it on my first attempt. X3Terran Conflict version 2.7.1 (new game started in this version) + latest bonus pack.
Used tactics suggested in this post. It's russian - sorry for that, here's the overview:
Basically it's boarding from Cobra (17x 2-3* combat newbie crew + hammer/flail set) and Sirokos (21x100% all crew).
Started the mission to discover where the #Deca spawns in my game - it was at 115,-20,15. I positioned both M7M 10km away. Flew over with an Enhanced Jaguar to the station to begin the mission, and return to the boarding spot. Few moments later the #Deca appeared on the spot I've predicted.

A bunch of hammers and flails and team one was out. They were dying in packs of 2-3 on each deck, fortunately I saved so I kept reloading from deck 1 until a decent number survived to deck 3. At this point I threw more flails and transferred to the Sirokos. As soon as the message "deck 4 clear!" appeared I hit the L button until all marines were away, transferred back and kept sending flails. Five of the marines of the team 2 were sent too soon, or too late... the thing is they never made it inside the ship. But the rest of the group recaptured it without problem. I've sent both teams by launching pods manually (spammed L button) so maybe that was the key for the capture?

In fact I captured it twice, the second time for a video I'll be putting on youtube shortly. Both times on first attempt. I'll put a link here soon (and in the original #deca capping thread.

Hope you find something of interest and good luck, don't give up, you'll get it eventually!
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”