Wing Commander: Privateer remake released

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rurouni Storm
x3

Wing Commander: Privateer remake released

Post by Rurouni Storm » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 01:38

http://priv.solsector.net/

Quite good. It's basically the classic Privateer with snazzier 3D graphics. Check their forums for a few mods already out.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 01:42

I'm going to be really geeky and say I still have the Privateer CD after all this time... Although I favoured Righteous Fire...

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 02:22

Hey that looks pretty good! As does Vega Strike itself. Never heard of it before...

Rurouni Storm
x3

Post by Rurouni Storm » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 02:42

silentWitness wrote:I'm going to be really geeky and say I still have the Privateer CD after all this time... Although I favoured Righteous Fire...
Righteous Fire's campaign is in there as well. Have to do them in order, though.

twistedtech
x3tc

Post by twistedtech » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 04:42

I"ve still got all of it even the guide I bought. :o

Thanks for the linky. 8)

I'm D/L'ing now. :D

My all time fav is back!
Try not to let your mind wander... It is too small to be out by itself.

GHarper
x3

Post by GHarper » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 05:07

heh

I had noooo idea anyone was doing this. When privateer first came out, my college roommate played it all the time, I could never get it to run on my pc at the time :(

now I'll finally have my chance!

:D

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 05:51

"Somewhere out there is a fortune waiting for me, and all I have to do is smuggle, steal, and kill enough people to get it."

Ahh, Privateer returns!

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 09:06

silentWitness wrote:I'm going to be really geeky and say I still have the Privateer CD after all this time... Although I favoured Righteous Fire...
I still have the 3CD extravanganza that is Privateer 2, so I am almost the geek you are. Some of Clive Owen's finest work on thos CDs, now he is getting to be a big name, will he want to see that resurface?
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 11:51

Jericho wrote:
I still have the 3CD extravanganza that is Privateer 2, so I am almost the geek you are. Some of Clive Owen's finest work on thos CDs, now he is getting to be a big name, will he want to see that resurface?
Yep I still have that too, couldn't bring myself to get rid of it...

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 12:01

RJV wrote:
Jericho wrote:
Yep I still have that too, couldn't bring myself to get rid of it...
I still load it up for the odd blast on one of my older machines.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Sagan
x4

Post by Sagan » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 12:05

Looks good!! ... Cheers for the info :thumb_up:

Will download later :D
I'd much rather regret the things I've done, than regret those I haven't.

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 12:14

I have the box, the floppy discs, and the CD version I bought in america when I lost a disc for a few months (couldnt live with the idea of not being able to go back and re-install it if I had the urge to play it)

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 12:50

Privateer and WC academy are the only games i don't have from the WC universe. man i remebr the the i'll fated bug in privateer 2 that stoped you compeleting it.

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 12:58

Hmmm.... 180meg download.

Don't think work will like me using their bandwidth for it... Have to use my own connection.... bah.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 14:11

Nabeshin wrote:Privateer and WC academy are the only games i don't have from the WC universe. man i remebr the the i'll fated bug in privateer 2 that stoped you compeleting it.
?

I completed it...
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 14:14

Lutzie wrote:
Nabeshin wrote:Privateer and WC academy are the only games i don't have from the WC universe. man i remebr the the i'll fated bug in privateer 2 that stoped you compeleting it.
?

I completed it...
So did I. And I've still got it as well as WC, WCIII, WC Armada, WC Privateer and Strike Commander.

Howlingmad
x3

Post by Howlingmad » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 16:13

I too have Privateer 2. Love to still play it.

And I completed it 3 times already.
What no sig or avatar. I wonder why?:(

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 16:18

Yep - I've got a copy too (bought a few years back 2nd hand).

Never got it to work - still sitting in the box.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 16:33

I didn't know Wing Commander and Privateer were related though...
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 7. Mar 05, 16:35

Thanks for the heads-up, this is one of my all-time favourite games. You just couldn't beat it for the gritty, realistic feel of one man against the universe, gameplay. And I see you can own multiple ships now and carry fighters to deploy from bigger ships.

I hope I can get a joystick to work, there does seem to be some problems with them.

Much better than Privateer 2 IMHO. I love the Wing Commander universe and fighting giant space cats.

Return to “Off Topic English”